Chapter 33

Few days passed like that with Siddharth sneaking in and out of the house without any suspicions and keeping an eye on Anu simultaneously.

Whereas, Anu got many doubts about the new tenant as she and her parents never saw them. She asked her uncle about this and he said that his tenant is a very busy business man and must have got a lot of work. Listening to her uncle she just shrugged it off.

Siddharth on the other side was very happy to be under the same roof as her. Though it has been difficult for food, he managed. In the past few days, he happily watched her talking to her parents, playing with some children and doing some chores in the house.

Whenever he heard her mother asking her whether she took medicines or not, he gets sad thinking about her health but also felt relief seeing her taking care of herself.

******

He heard some laughs and giggling from outside. He walked out of his room and looked down. He saw Anu and some girls sat on the steps in front of their door.

He didn't go to work today. He worked from home and spent most of the time talking to his friends on the phone giving the details of Anu. Neha attacked him with so many questions and he didn't realize that it's already night answering her questions.

He liked the environment here. As people here would do their work and spent their rest of the time with their families. No tensions, no worries, no running here and there, no problems. It felt peaceful here for him.

He glanced down and looked at the kids playing in front of Anu who just sat there gazing the night sky. He also looked up and stared at the sky shining with stars.

He smiled remembering their memories of gazing the sky he had with Anu. He looked at Anu and saw her smiling too. He thought she must be thinking the same.

Then a little girl came and sat beside Anu looking at her.

" Didi, why are you looking at the sky?" That girl asked Anu and Sid looked at them smiling.

" Because I like gazing the stars in the night sky." She replied smiling.

" Didi, I have heard that when some one dies they become stars. Is it true?" that little girl asked innocently.

Anu's smile disappeared making Siddharth's smile also falter.

" Maybe." Anu whispered looking down.

That girl looked up at the sky while Siddharth just stared at Anu gulping the lump in his throat.

" Someday I will also become a star and look down at my loved ones." Anu said smiling with tears.

Tears fell from his eyes looking at her.

******

Siddharth climbed down the stairs and looked around if anyone was there. He quickly hid behind a wall when he saw Anu at the gate.

He peeked a little hiding himself and saw that Anu stood there without moving. He frowned at her thinking what she was doing.

Suddenly she clutched her head with her hands closing her eyes. This made Siddharth alert and eyes wide open. He looked at her who is now close to fainting and so he rushed over to her.

He caught her before she falls on the ground and looked at her who is unconscious now. He called her many times patting her cheek but she didn't wake up.

He stood up carrying her in his arms and climbed the stairs. He took her into his room and made her lie on his bed.

He didn't know what to do in panic. He took his phone out and called someone.