Chapter 20

" Sid it's good that you have come now, everyone are waiting for you." Sid's mom said smiling widely coming near him.

" For what?" He snapped coldly at her who is taken aback by his rudeness.

" Sid?" His father frowned at him.

" Ma tell me what's going on here?" Sid asked ignoring everyone.

" Mathurs came to meet us beta." His mom said calmly.

" For what?" he asked clenching his teeth.

His father cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention while Raj, Neha and Karthik stood awkwardly between their family gathering.

" As you know we are very well acquainted with the Mathurs from your childhood and You and Riya also are very good friends, so we thought to make this friendship into relationship." His father said smiling to him.

" How?" Sid said calmly looking down.

Raj and Neha looked terrified at his calmness as they know it's the silence before storm.

" By getting both of you married. " His father replied.

" And you thought it's unnecessary to inform me." He asked.

" No beta we were waiting for you only to talk to you about this." His mom said.

Sid turned towards Riya who is just looking down not knowing what to do.

" Riya, do you want to marry me?" Sid asked her bluntly.

She looked at him with surprise at his bluntness and looked at her parents who are beaming at her.

" No and you? " She replied and asked him.

" No." Sid said firmly.

They both looked at their parents who looked appalled at them.

" Why? You both like each other right?" Riya's father asked her.

" Yes I like him but just as a friend and I am not even ready for the marriage. I am having a fashion week in Paris and I just want to think about my career right now and nothing else." She said looking at her parents.

Her parents looked at his parents and sighed.

" Okay if you both don't want to get married then we will not force you. " Sid's father said smiling slightly at both of them.

Riya smiled happily while Sid just nodded his head and looked at his mom who is looking very sad.

" Why are you so sad Ma?" He asked her standing in front of her.

" Oh! I know may be because you missed the chance of keeping me away from Ananya." Sid said.

" Again." He added bitterly.

His mother looked at him shocked and others looked at him confused except Karthik.

" What are you saying Sid?" His mom asked him.

" Ma, I am tired. I don't have patience anymore. I want answers today at any cost." Sid said rudely.

" About What Sid?" she asked him frowning and others just stood shocked and confused as they never saw Sid behaving rudely to his family members.

" About Ananya." Sid said and her face paled.

" Where is Ananya?" Sid asked her and she stood quietly looking down.

" Ma, tell me. Where is she? She had  resigned to the job and gone. Her house is also locked. Where is she?" Sid asked her and she looked at him shocked.