Chapter 38

Siddharth was happy..... In fact too happy.

Reason?

Anu.

Anu is doing great. Her health is also improving. That glow on her face has  returned. That beautiful smile on her face has also returned.

Reason?

Siddharth.

They were the reason of each other's happiness.

Doctor told Siddharth that keeping her happy is more important as it avoids unnecessary stress and tensions which are not good for her and her health.

Anu's parents were more than happy looking at their daughter's smiling face. They knew she was always a strong girl and smiles always even though she is hurting inside. But they also knew that those smiles were fake.

But now it's different. Their daughter is happy and smiling which reached her eyes. They know it's all because of Siddharth. She is happy because of him.

He is in front of her, she is seeing him daily and most important she doesn't have to worry about him daily. These all things made her life stress free which made her health improve.

******

" Siddharth, don't be so grumpy!" Anu exclaimed loudly.

" You pushed me out of my bed when I am sleeping and brought me here to play?" He asked her exasperated.

" Yes!" She smiled at him.

" I wanna sleep." Siddharth whined.

" We need a player." She also whined.

" I am not in a mood to play." He said and leaned onto the wall closing his eyes.

" Oh come on! It's your day off today."She said.

" Exactly! It's my day off and I want to sleep." He said.

" Siddharth, Please." She said sweetly and he looked at her narrowing his eyes.

" Pleaseeee......" She said sweetly battling her eye lashes.

" Don't do that!" He warned her.

" What?" She asked innocently.

" Urggghhhhh......."

" Please......" She pouted at him.

" Ahhh..... Fine......" He groaned.

They started playing and Siddharth couldn't do nothing than to just admire her. She was laughing and jumping around like a kid whenever she wins.

He was glad that her health is getting better and doctor told him that he changed her medication consulting some foreign experts at her recent check up which will do more good to her health.

And he was more than glad as she stopped pestering him about why he is here in her house and just accepted it. He knew deep down she knew that he was here for her but both were silent in this matter as it is best for them.

He looked at her who is sticking her tongue out at a kid who lost. A smile appeared on his face looking at her laughing and he prayed that he shouldn't lose her.

Last few days were really very good. She would bring him food and he used to travel in the bus with her. Anu used to help him in his office work and he stayed in contact with her doctor to know about the improvements from time to time.

He stood near the gate and watched them playing until he saw a familiar figure approaching him. He tried to remember where he saw that person but couldn't figure it out until that person stood in front of him.