Chapter 41

Siddharth went downstairs to see what Anu was doing. The house was silent and so he went in calling Anu and her mother but there was no response.

He frowned thinking where has everyone gone. He walked towards backyard on hearing the sound of water and saw Anu standing there watering the plants with a pipe.

But what made him worried was that she was so lost in her thoughts that she doesn't realize water is overflowing in the pot.

" Anu." He called but she didn't hear him.

" Ananya." He called again but no response.

He walked and stood beside her.

" Ananya." He called her touching her shoulder.

Anu jumped in her place and turned to him swiftly gasping loudly. But she also turned pipe with her which made water splashed on Siddharth. Her eyes widened when she realised what happened.

She dropped the pipe and looked at him from top to bottom. She closed her wide open mouth with her palm looking at his fully wet figure.

He looked pissed at her while she was trying hard to control her laugh. In a swift motion he took the pipe from the ground and held it towards her.

Anu shrieked loudly when a gush of cold water hit her and looked shocked at him who is smirking at her right now.

" Siddharth stop!" She yelled and tried to take pipe from him but he dodged it.

" Now how do you feel the cold water on you? Do you still want to laugh?" He asked her smirking.

" I didn't do it on purpose." She said.

" But I did it on purpose." He said.

She glared at him and took the pipe from him. She pointed pipe at him and again made him wet with water. They both fought with water like that for sometime until water stopped coming from the pipe.

They both looked at each other and started laughing. He brushed her wet hair out of her face staring at her. Anu looked down at her clothes which were clinging onto her skin.

She looked up at Siddharth who was staring at her and turned away feeling shy. She blushed at the thought that Siddharth must have got a good view of her body.

And on the other side Siddharth was trying hard to control himself looking at her wet body. When she turned away from him blushing, he couldn't take it anymore and pulled her into him.

She looked at him wide eyed as both the wet bodies came in contact with each other. They stare into each other's eyes which showed longing for each other.

When their faces were leaning towards each other, they heard calling of their names and they quickly moved away from each other.

"Anu?"

"Siddharth?"

They heard Anu's mom calling them and looked at the way where her voice is coming from. Anu's mom gasped loudly looking at them.

" What were you both doing?" She  asked looking at them stunned.

" We....." They don't know what to say.

" You both are not kids to play with water." Her mom said sternly but she was amused seeing them.

" Sorry." Both said at the same time looking down.

Her mom laughed internally.

" You both go and change first, you might catch cold." She said and they went away nodding their heads.