Chapter 8

Have you ever felt that you are tied to the bed and cannot move?

Anu felt exactly same from the past two days.

Since she has been discharged from hospital her parents are not allowing her to step out of her bed and do any work.

And the worst thing is Raj and Neha. They pampered her so much bringing her dinner to bed after finishing their work, talking and lecturing her about what to do and not to do, warning her not to scare them like that never again.

And the most shocking thing was Siddharth declaring her one week leave to take rest at home. She couldn't believe what Neha said and so called to the office multiple times to confirm whether it's true or not.

It was already a shock for her when her friends said that Siddharth stayed in the hospital until she was conscious leaving his all work behind that day.

Anyways, She was tired sitting on the bed and not doing anything. So she decided that she would go to office today. She knows Raj would scold her and Neha will go hysteric but she is ready to bear them rather than sitting idol at home.

So now she is on her floor where everyone are greeting her asking her how is she and she told them that she is fine smiling at them. Her heart overwhelmed knowing how much everyone are actually caring about her.

As she expected, Raj came running towards her with a concerned Neha following behind and made her sit on the chair first.

" What are you doing here?" They both shouted at her once she sat on the chair making her flinch.

" Wow I feel so loved." Anu said sarcastically.

While Neha started her lecture of about how careless Anu is by throwing her hands up in the air showing her frustration and Raj was showing his disappointment shaking his head at her.

" Guys I am fine, really."

" No, you are not!" Neha raised her voice.

" Nehu please I was feeling suffocated sitting there alone around the four walls having nothing to do." Anu whines.

" Ok! But you are not taking any stress and should work only how much you could work." Raj said to her as if she is some child but anyways she nodded her head.

" And remember one thing, if that arrogant boss of ours makes you to do work more than needed unnecessarily then just give me call so I could strangle him which I missed it last time." Neha warned seriously and Anu laughed but again nodded her head.

Anu sighed and looked at time.

" Guys it's already 9:25, I should get going for my work." She said and left ignoring the complaints from her friends.

******

She reached Siddharth's floor with his coffee in her hands. She smiled at Shweta who ran and hugged her tightly making her gasp.

" Thank God you came back soon, how are you?" Shweta said to confused Anu.

" I am fine but Why?" She asked still confused.

" Don't even ask! I don't know how do you even deal with him. He made my life a hell these two days. He asks to do this, to do that, once he wants this and once he wants that. He behaves so coldly and not even spares a single mistake. You only tell me how am I supposed to know which files are kept in which place? He yelled at me when I didn't find some files because I don't know where are they kept. He doesn't even let me explain if I had done something wrong. I had even nightmares of him screaming at me in the middle of night while I am sleeping and I am finally free from all those as you came back now." She finished her rambling sighing keeping her hand on her heart.