Chapter 36

" Ma, where are you taking the food?" Anu asked her mom frowning at the dishes in her hands.

" To Siddharth." Her mom said.

Anu gasped.

" Why?"

" What why? Don't you see? That boy doesn't take care of himself at all. He became thin since he came here and I told him that I will be taking care of his food from now onwards." Saying this she went upstairs to give food to Siddharth.

" But......"

" Don't tell me that you don't want me to take food for him." Her mother said disappointed.

" It's not that Ma..... It's just that what if we get attached to him. He will not able to bear if we go away from him."
Anu whispered.

" Attached or not we are not moving away this time." Her mom said sternly.

" Ma but....."

" No buts and ifs Ananya. Stop running away and face it. You are losing your precious life thinking about what will happen in the future." Her mom scolded.

Anu stood shocked looking at her mom.

" You like it or not, we are not going to run away again instead of facing it." Her mom declared finality in her voice.

Tears welled up in Anu's eyes making her mother sigh.

"This is the truth Anu. Truth of your life. You both have to face it instead of running away. How much ever you tried to run away from him, fate had again brought you two together. So stop thinking about the future and learn to treasure the present. Who knew better the value of life more than you? " Her mom explained softly to her daughter.

" Already you did a big mistake by hiding the truth from him. He is a part of your life in fact your whole life. He deserves to know the truth. Again and again don't do the same mistakes by pushing him away." Her mom said wiping her tears.

Anu went in deep thoughts thinking about what her mom said. She understood that her mom was right but she is scared about Siddharth's life.

" Do you understand? " Her mom asked and she nodded.

" Good. Now take the idea of running away from your mind and stop thinking about the future. Just live in the present." Her mom smiled softly.

" Yes Ma." Anu also smiled at her.

" Good, now I have to go and give food to my future son in law." Saying this her mom went away laughing.

" MA! "Anu shrieked.

Anu smiled at her mother who is taking care of the person who meant the world to her but the only words echoing in her mind were........

Live in the Present.

******

" Anu! "

" Ha Ma! "

" Come here!"

Anu went to her mom to see what she wanted.

" What Ma? "

" Go and give this coffee to Siddharth." Her mom said.

" What? No! You only go and give it." Anu shrieked.

" Please Anu go. I have to prepare breakfast too." Her mom pleaded.

She sighed and took the coffee upstairs grumbling under her breath.

She knocked on the door and the door was open as usual. She didn't get any response so she went inside and kept the coffee on the table. She turned to leave but froze in her place when she saw Siddharth stood there......