Chapter I: Ericson University.

Definitely need to rewrite this shit from a new perspective cus idk what 15 year old me was on.

**Clem's POV** 

I fluttered my eyes open, searching my room for my phone. Sighing, I reached over and pressed the button with anger. I hated the way it repeated itself, but that kinda is its job. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I picked my phone up and glanced at the time and it was 5:48. Perfect timing for the first day of school. I didn't really get that much sleep last night, I stayed up with Lee and Carley. They asked me to watch a movie with them, I did but I think I dozed off at like... 12... I stretched and got up. Now it was 5:50, school starts at 8, I'll be out by 7, the drive was only an hour long, so I'm pretty much good. 

I gathered my towel, washcloth and my soap, finding my way to the bathroom. Still tired, wobbling down the hallway, I heard Lee's voice croak from his room. "Good-morning' sweet pea. How'd you sleep?" I turned around in shock. "Good morning. *Yawn* I slept... okay, I guess." I stretched again, snapping my body into place. "Aw, that sucks. I'm sure you'll sleep better once you move into your dorm. Look at my baby, all grown up, today's your last day with me, well for now." He said in a joking way, he knew it wouldn't be the last time I would live with him. "I'm only gonna be.. about an hour away from home. And I have my own car, so I'll be able to travel freely." I chuckled. "I know, just go ahead and get ready, breakfast is already on the table, Carley left...
" He looked down at his watch, "10 minutes ago. She made it before she left. Said she knew you'd be up early." He smiled at me. "I'll text her and tell her thanks. I gotta leave by 7 and be there by at least 8. I already put everything in my car. I'm all set to go." I shrug my shoulders. "And Clem... I'm so proud of you. I'm so happy we chose to adopt you. I knew I saw a light in you." Lee said as he started to tear up. "Thanks... for everything." I say as we embrace each other. "I love you, sweetpea." Lee whispered to me. "I love you too." I let go slowly and walk into the bathroom.

I turn the water to steaming hot. I hurry up and wash my body and get out the shower. I checked the time, 6:23. Not too bad. I threw my towel around my body and waltzed back to my room. I grabbed some joggers that weren't too big, but they fit perfectly and a T-shirt that had a nice fit to it. I put on my shoes and grabbed my bookbag. I thought to myself; Anything else you need?. I landed my eyes on my dirty cleats, lacrosse and soccer are the only major sports I play, I'll probably try out tennis or volleyball, anything but basketball. I could probably get them to grant me a full scholarship, I've only got two years, for now, I'm working on getting more. I snap myself out of my thoughts.

 I ran downstairs and a plate wrapped with aluminum foil was sitting there with a note on it. " I hope you enjoy your first day of school, and of course, breakfast. I made your favorite, bacon, egg, and cheese on potato bread, with a little bit of jelly. I love you, have a good day sweetheart. - Carley" I smiled at the little letter she left me and began to chow down. " OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO GOOD" I thought to myself. 

After I was finished, I grabbed a bottle of water and checked the time. 6:47. "Shit, I gotta go, I forgot about traffic" I whispered to myself. " I love you, Lee, I'll text you when I get there!" I yelled standing by the steps. "I love you too. Call me as soon as you get there." He replied right before I headed out of the door. I reached for my keys, I didn't have them. Wasn't a surprise. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys off of the table and locked the door behind me.

 I checked the time again. 6:52. I threw my bookbag onto the passenger seat. "Gas, check, seatbelt, check, no engine light, check. I'm all set to go." I said to myself as I waited for an opening to back out and get going. The first opportunity I got, I took and I drove down the block, looking at everything and remembering that I wouldn't be back for a while. I felt a tear creep down my cheek. I took a deep breath and thought about all the possibilities of the things I could do and got excited. I turned the corner and drove for what felt like 15 minutes but in reality, it was an hour. An hour of no road rage or parents blowing up my phone... Nothing. Just freedom.