Chapter LXCI: Just Her Luck.

Clementine shifted from left to right, waiting for the printer to finish her last paper. The library was quiet, leaving her with her thoughts at the moment. But sadly, all she could think about was the fact that the printer was moving in slow motion. 

Well, at least that's what it seemed like. 

She watched as the paper slid out of the machine, little by little. Her brain always wondered how those things worked. How they knew what to put, what mechanics they used to make it, how it knew when to use color... Then her mind wandered onto how they made the ink. 

She was a little too busy minded for her own sake. 

Just as the last bit of ink touched the paper and released the sheet from its grasp, thunder roared throughout the sky. She didn't bring a book bag, an umbrella, or even a jacket.

Just her luck. 

 It was the middle of September. Since when the hell did it rain in September? 

The one nice day they had was already shut down by heavy drops of water falling out of the sky. Clementine didn't bother to check the weather this morning. It was a bright and sunny day. She had no doubts, but of course, this was just another lesson. 

Always be prepared. 

She could've taken her car, but she decided to relish in the amazing weather and soak up as much sun as possible.

But she fucked up. 

She picked up the papers and organized them, hoping to beat the rain. She moved quickly, sorting them by the numbers at the bottom of the page. 

She straightened out the pile and proceeded to tuck them underneath her arm. 

"Please, can I catch a break? Just once." She spoke to herself, just asking for a favor for once in her life. She was already irritated, and this would only make it worse. She would have no choice but to wait it out. 

Just before she reached the door, lightning struck, and the madness began. 

The heavy droplets of water smacked against the window, leaving Clementine in awe with her hand on the door handle. She could feel the anger building up inside of her and was on the verge of snapping on the next person who even dared to step one foot on her bad side. 

She rolled her eyes with frustration and made her way to the front desk. She noticed that no one was there, but that wouldn't stop her from getting any form of help she could get. 

"Excuse me? Is anyone here?" Clementine yelled out from in front of the counter. It was pretty unprofessional to leave the place unattended. She could hear someone grunting in the back. It sounded like they were struggling. 

"I'm coming!" The voice yelled back. It was a gentle voice. They were surely southern. They had the accent and all. You'd probably assume it was a farm girl the first time you heard her voice. 

As they traveled down the hallway, the grunting grew louder. 

Then, of course, there was a box with a pair of legs. 

Makes sense. 

Clementine watched as the lady carried the box to the front of the room, carefully peaking over it occasionally to avoid tripping or bumping into anything. "What can I help you with?" The cashier questioned, peaking over the cardboard before placing it behind the desk. 

"Sorry to disturb you, but do you have anything to protect papers?"

The young woman looked around for the plastic bags, but they were fresh out.