Chapter XXIX: Cuddles.

*Violet's POV*

Wanna know what the best day of the week is?

Saturday.

Why?

Because I never have to classes, Clem comes over, and we have the dorm all to ourselves.

It's better when we don't have Brody clocking us twenty-four seven because she wants to make sure we have snacks and this and that.

She doesn't understand she's not our mom.

-----------------------

"Hey, babe." Clem shut the door behind her. 

"I missed you so much." I attacked her with kisses.

"You just saw me an hour ago." Clem chuckled.

"I know... But still."

"You're soft." She teased.

"I'm not. "

"I got you some nuggets." She put the bag down on the table. 

"I fell in love with the right girl, oh my god." 

"Soft."

"Stop!" I frowned my face, trying to be angry.

"What're we doing today." Clem raised an eyebrow.

"Homework. I 've only got a little bit to do then we can watch a movie." I shrugged my shoulders, pulling my homework out of my bookbag.

"I'm done all of mines. You need help?" Clem kept her eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, the last 3 questions are making me retarded." I shook my head, pointing at question 7.

"2X(3+7)-5+8(4+2X)=3" I read off the paper like a robot.  

"I'll walk you through this problem. You already know how to do this, so I'll just help a little."

"So, first, you distribute."

I did as he said.

"Then, you combine like terms." 

"Okay..."  

"Then you get the variable on one side."

"Mmmk." I nodded my head, following directions.

"Then you do what you would do in a two-step equation."

After a while, I got my answer. 

-2/3.

"I did it?" I looked over at Clem who had a smile.

- yall know I'm dedicated because I actually talked about math-

"Yeah, good job. Now do the last two and we can start our session." Clem rested her folded arms on the table. 

-----------------------

"I'm done. Can you... check them?" I turned toward her awkwardly, making her chuckle. 

She nodded her head and took the paper.

She mouthed words, studying the numbers.

"I'm so proud of you. I told you you could do it." 

"Hell yeah! Now, can we watch the movie?" I gave her a smile.

"What are we watching?" Clem got up and walked to my room.

"How about... Below her mouth."

"What's that movie about?" Clem asked, sliding off her shoes.

" Well, for one, its extra gay. So, A girl, her name is Jasmine, is engaged to this guy, then he goes on a business trip right, so then, she goes out with one of her friends and she runs into this other girl, she's a lesbian, her name is Dallas, she so happens to be fixing the roof across the street from her house, so then, at the party, Dallas tries to get with Jasmine but gets 'rejected'... Then after seeing Dallas every day, Jasmine couldn't get her out of her head and finally agreed to go out with her for a drink. Fast forward, they're sneaking around, kinda like we did back in our day, and something big happens. Watch. It."

"That sounds good. Put it on." 

"For real? Usually, when I talk about the movie, people are all like 'wHAt SOunDs IntEresTiNG aBOUt gAY peOPle SneaKiNG aROUNd'. But, you always seem to amaze me."

"I know. If you like it, I know I'll like it. You've got a good taste." She chuckled and plopped down on my bed.

"That sounded dirty..." I held air in my cheeks to keep me from laughing.

Clementine and I made eye contact and we burst out into a fit of giggles.

How childish of us.

I sat down next to Clem, doing Criss cross apple sauce and leaned against the cold wall, eating my nuggets.

It was kinda cold in my room because the air is blasting...

I would turn it off but if I do, I'll never hear the end of Brody's nonsense when she comes back from being with Marlon on the baseball field all day. 

I. Don't. Have. Time.

Nor do I have the patience. 

So cuddling with Clem it is.

"Clem?" I called in a softer voice than usual.

"Yeah?" She looked away from the tv.

"I'm cold."

"Come here then." She gave me that perfect smile.

"You wanna be big spoon or little spoon?" Clem cocked an eyebrow at me.

"little spoon." 

What?

It's cold.

-----------------------