Chapter LXXII: F a t.

"Clem, no. You know that's against the rules-"

"Since when do we care about the rules?" 

"Well, we don't have a choice????? We don't own the house yet! We have to follow the rules!"

"Violet... Please?" Clem gave her the saddest eyes she could give. "Clem, we can't." Violet sighed, rubbing her forehead with frustration. "Look at him! He's so cute!" Clem exclaimed, picking it up and showing Violet his face. "I know, but... the landlord said we can't... I really wanna keep him... but we can't." 

"Violet. We're paying to stay here, right?" Clem raised her eyebrows, awaiting an answer with him in her hands. "Yeah..." Violet focused on the boy in her girlfriend's hands. "Then we can keep it!" Clem continued to protest. "Okay, so what if she does a pop-up visit on us? Then what?" Violet plopped down on the couch, looking up at Clem and the boy. 

"We can say we're watching him for a friend!" 

"Do you think she's retarded or something?" Violet chuckled, looking at Clementine like she was crazy. "Well, yeah... Here, hold him." Clem slowly put the boy in Violet's hands. 

"HE'S LICKING ME TAKE HIM!" 

"SAY YES AND I'LL TAKE HIM!"

"I DON'T WANNA GET EVICTED"

"SAY YES"

"OKAY, WE CAN KEEP HIM!" 

"Great doing business with you." Clem gently took the furry animal from her hands. "What's his name?" Violet grunted while wiping her face with the lower half of her shirt. "Hm, Bluford." Clem gave him a kiss on the head as if it was a verification of his name. "Oh, after the Bluford High series or... just because?"

"You know I love those books. Now, we need to buy doggy things..." 

"Like?"

"T r e a t s. I want him to get F A T."

"Clem-"