Chapter LXXXVIII: He Won't Be A Problem.

Violet kneeled in front of her bed, taking off the brunettes shoes. Violet always felt the need to treat Clementine like a queen. In her eyes, that's what she was. 

"So, are you gonna say it now?" Violet asked, looking back up to the girl sitting on the sheets. Her pupils expanded when they made eye contact. 

"Say what?" 

"That you're perfect. Say it. I'm not gonna stop until you do. Don't make me pull another stunt." Violet giggled, unlacing Clementine's left shoe gently. "There's no one here, love. You can say it. No one can hear you." 

Clementine took a deep breath before mumbling the words that Violet would give her soul to hear her say. "I'm perfect." 

"You're perfect." 

"I'm perfect." 

"You're perfect.

The two girls made deep eye contact, unable to look away from each other. Their eyes glued to one another and their hearts began to race.

"Violet, I... I love you."

Another set of words Violet would give her life to hear her say. Both girls felt their hearts drop. Clementine couldn't believe what she'd said.

"Say something... Please." Clementine pleaded, hoping she didn't frighten the one girl she genuinely liked. Her eyes stung as tears began to form. She silently prayed to God that she didn't ruin their relationship already. 

"I love you too, Clementine." 

Within three seconds, Clementine's tears of sadness turned into tears of happiness. Both girls began giggling uncontrollably. They were meant to be for sure. 

Violet stood up, slightly hovering over the girl, favoring her tanned skin, and her meltingly soft, deep-set, compelling, glassy amber eyes. She couldn't help but love her. 

"I fell in love with you the first time we met. You're flawless... Perfect... Everything you need to be, and I love you for it... God, I've been dying to say that." Violet confessed, holding the girls cocoa butter-soft hands in her own, taking in the warmth from them. 

Clementine found her cheeks turning a deep red, lost for words, her mind still going wild from the things that had been said, her heart racing, and her adrenaline pumping more than ever before. 

Violet noticed the opportunity to take advantage of this moment and brought their faces closer, their lips a centimeter away from each other. She could feel her heart beating out of her chest frantically.  

Clementine sealed the kiss, connecting their lips, feeling more passion than their first. Her heart skipped a beat or two. It was more than lust between them. It was love. It was a sign of commitment and staying true to one another. It meant more than anything. 

There was nothing better than getting to feel the person you wanted for so long after an eternity of waiting. 

The two separated, their hearts still pounding against their rib cages. "So, uh, no pressure or anything, but are we together, or do you wanna, you know, not do anything too serious? It's up to you." 

Clementine wrapped her arms around Violet's neck, pulling her closer. Both of their foreheads touched. The soft embrace was peaceful and silent. "Only if that's what you want." the brunette whispered with a reassuring smile. "You're all I need in life. You know I want this." Violet smiled back with closed eyes. Her hands found their way onto Clementine's hips, holding her softly, careful not to bruise her sensitive skin and any way possible. 

Clementine felt her insides melt at Violet's words. It came naturally. It wasn't forced or aggressive. It came from the heart. You could hear it in her voice when she soothed the brunette. She meant every word she said. 

Clementine's phone rang, interrupting their moment. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID. 

Asshole.

Violet looked down as well, hoping everything was fine. Clementine looked up at the blonde, almost asking for permission with her eyes.

"It's okay, love." 

Clementine gave a shy smile and clicked the green button on her screen. 

"Hello?" 

"Finally, Clem, I've been trying to get a hold of you all week." 

"What do you want, Marlon?" 

"I wanna meet up... Have lunch or something, talk about what happened between us... Fix us." 

"We're done. That's that. We've been done for almost a year now. What made you come back out of the blue?" 

"I miss you... A lot."

"You just know that I'm happy and you wanna fuck it up."

"I don't know anything... All I know is that I wanna be with you. I can't live without you." 

"Then die."

"I changed, Clementine."

"Goodbye, Marlon." 

Violet found herself staring at the girl, as usual, mesmerized by how hard it would be to manipulate her into another failed relationship. She admired how she put her foot down and avoided situations that would knock her back down. 

Marlon was the one who belittled her, broke her down, made her think so small of herself. Now that Violet was around, would she even have to question who to choose?

"What was that all about?" Violet asked with a concerned face before sitting down next to her girlfriend. "That was Marlon. My ex. A mistake." 

Violet had already known about him, she figured out through old photos on Clementine's account from years ago and put all the pieces together. She knew Marlon's address, where he worked, where his mom and dad lived, all his siblings, his closest cousins, and much more useless information. But, sadly, she had to play dumb to keep Clementine from becoming suspicious. 

"Well, I'm sorry that he called. I know it's hard to say goodbye. It takes a lot to move on, but you have what it takes and I'm proud of you, just so you know." Violet smiled sweetly, kissing her hand with love. 

The blonde gave her a second before kissing her lips. It was a kiss of love. Passion. So many undescribable words and feelings. 

Clementine could feel tears forming behind her eyes. 

"He's a piece of shit, Vi. Why is he so determined to fuck my life up? I've been doing so good and all of a sudden, here he comes, ready to destroy everything."

"He won't be a problem between us. I promise." Violet reassured her.

 She knew what she had to do to get rid of him.