Chapter XLVI: Coming Home. (Part 2)

*Clementine's POV*

Violet's been home for a month now and she isn't like she used to be.

She changed, like she's stuck in a military mode. 

"Yes, Ma'am." 

"No, ma'am." 

"Yes, sir." 

"No, sir."

Is her whole vocabulary.

It doesn't bother me at all...

But remembering how she used to respond if you asked her to do something she didn't wanna do...

"Fuck off." or "Suck my dick." was the response you'd get. 

Now she'll do anything.

She doesn't even curse Louis out anymore.

She doesn't even give him dirty looks.

That's gonna change.

I know it sounds dumb, but I'm gonna turn her into the old Violet.

Along with the help of Louis.

--------------------------

"Violet, they'll be here in ten minutes. Make sure you can hear the door. I'm gonna go change." I spoke loudly from the top of the steps.

"Yes, ma'am." She stood in front of the door with her hands behind her back. 

"Violet?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes?"

"You're home... It's okay to let loose. You're not going back." I sighed before walking into my room to change.

The whole gang is coming over.

Louis, Marlon, Brody, Mitch, Ruby, Omar, Aasim, Sophie, Minerva, and James.

It's been a while since we all got together. 

It hasn't been ten minutes, but I heard Violet open the door and a whole fucking stampede walking through the house.

I put my grizzly onesie on and went downstairs to join the pajama party. 

"Aw, Clemster, you look adorable." Loui grabbed my cheeks and squeezed them.

This was a part of the plan.

All we're trying to do is get her to let her feelings out. 

"Don't call me that. Violet, your onesie is on our bed. Put it on and come join us." I turned to her with a happy smile that made her smile.

"Yes, ma- Alright." She cleared her throat, knowing I was gonna say something.

She ran up the steps and brushed past me to go put on her outfit to get the sleepover started.

She must have super speed because she was back out in 40 seconds. 

Everybody looked at her like she was crazy when she came back down the steps.

"What?" She looked a little scared.

"Nothing, that was just... quick." Louis flashed her a quick forced smile.

"You guys ready?" Aasim plopped down on the recliner.

Everybody replied yes except Violet who said: "Yes, sir.".

I don't know how to put it, but it's disturbing me...

Not like... I don't know.

It doesn't feel like she's really here.

It feels like they took the real her away from me. 

Her personality is extremely different.

Yeah, I want the best for her, but it's bothering me.

"Violet, I need to talk to you. You guys can find a movie to watch. We'll be right back."

"Yes-"

"Hush. Don't say anything." I shut her up before I heard those same words again. 

I walked up the steps, holding her hand, leading her to our room. 

"Don't say anything. Just shut the door." I instructed her while I sat down on the bed.

"Have a seat and just... Listen to what I'm saying."

She nodded and sat down next to me, just staring with those beautiful green eyes. 

Her expression was hardened.

"Violet... I need you." I started off, looking up from my fidgeting fingers and to her eyes.

She remembered to stay quiet.

"You're not in the military anymore... Violet. I need you to snap back like you always do." 

"Clem-"

"Just... listen, Violet." I stopped her so I could get everything off my chest.

"I... love you. I fell in love with Violet Aria Adlon."

(Don't slaughter me for the middle name please. I'm sorry.)

"A person who is loving, caring, selfless, outgoing... Someone who treats me like gold and not a sergeant. Someone who fights for what's right. Someone whose favorite phrase is 'Fuck off.'... Not 'Yes, ma'am.' and 'No, ma'am.'. No, I'm not leaving you, no I'm not bashing you in any sort of way... I'm just telling you how I feel... How much you mean to me." It felt like I was gonna cry while I was talking to her. 

She took in every word silently.

"I feel like you're lost somewhere... Like something took over your brain while you were out there. I miss the person who was an asshole to everyone but me... I miss my soulmate... Violet, snap out of it. You're home... You're with me... with your friends... We're safe. I promise. You can be yourself again." I cupped her cheek with my right hand and pressed our foreheads together. 

When she started crying, I knew she came back to me. 

"I'm sorry, Tangerine." Her hardened voice left and was replaced with a soft raspy one.

"It's okay, Purple." I pressed my lips against hers and smiled midway into the kiss.

"I guess it's because I was gone longer than usual... I was scared of having to go back and being forced to transition between these two different personalities... I'll make sure it won't happen again. I'm here for good. I'm... home. With you." 

"I understand that... Just... It's good to have you back. I love you." 

"That's gay."

"We're married."

"I know, but that's even gayer. I love you too... I guess." She teased me with a smirk. 

"Now... come on so we can watch the movie." I smiled, grabbing her by her hand and dragging her down the steps.

Everyone looked at her, waiting for some form of a reaction.

"What fuckers? Turn the movie on." 

"Anndddd, she's back." Louis chuckled.

---------------------------

Oof, I'm sorry if this feels rushed, but this kinda happened to one of my cousins and I felt better after writing about it. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.