Chapter XXXIV: Knight In Shining Armor. (Part 2)

*Violet's POV*

The trees around us are amazing.

I see many more places to grow sugar cane and many more plants to grow. 

Like Honey Suckle, Shrubs, many herbs, Roses, and so much more. 

"I need to expand my business." I started a conversation between us again.

"How do you plan on doing that?" She questioned me.

"Well, for starters, I need to buy the seeds, make more signs, grow them, and there is much more to be done. It is not an easy process." I explained to her, not to thoroughly.

"Well, I know that it is somewhat problematic. My father and I have to sort out rations for the army and we have to cut some sections short to make sure we have enough for everyone who serves." 

"I couldn't imagine doing that. Sounds heartbreaking." I flashed her a simple smile.

Her face turned red for some odd reason.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you seem to be flustered when I smile at you?" I asked in the most respectful way possible.

"P-Pardon me?" Her face became an even darker red.

"Does the queen favor me in some sort? Very scandalous." 

"What if I did?" She could not fight the smile making it's way to her face.

"That is enlightening. Imagine this scenario. Your father goes away to a kingdom for almost a week, in the castle is you and I. We spend time together, nothing too serious. Or I can just offer to become a knight for the castle and pretty much live there like the others. Clearly, they aren't capable of serving you protection because you snuck out while they were on duty." I started thinking of ways to get closer to her.

I didn't expect it to work, but she was interested.

"You're a knight?" She gave a confused look.

"Well, kind of. I know it is supposed to be forbidden, but I grew up with my friends, mostly males, and they wanted to be knights when they were older, they got me interested in the career, only I took it seriously, trained myself, and now I face daily challenges.  You may ask 'What daily challenges?'. Well, I mean like dealing with thieves, people who attack me because I'm an orphan, assassins, people who threaten to kill me because they know I don't follow the female agenda which is to take interest in men and so much more."

"You are a very interesting person. You just never got the opportunity to take advantage of all the hard work you've put into your life." 

"Yes. That is exactly what happened." 

"Well, come to the palace with me. The guards will be fired and removed from the palace and you can take their place." She made an offer that was hard to decline. 

"Well, if it doesn't become a problem with you or invades your time, then I will gladly accept that offer. I can leave the shop with my friends. I know that they are responsible enough to attend to it while I am elsewhere. They will be so proud, even if it doesn't go as planned." I humbly accepted her offer, trying my hardest not to be too excited.

"We're here." She looked at me, then back at the wall. 

"I hope you know how to climb rocks."

"Are you joking? I was made to do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got inside, I admired the beauty of her room.