Chapter XIV: Date Night.

*Violet's POV*

Tonight is the night. 

The last first date I'll ever have with Clem. 

I'm nervous as fuck, but I'm used to feeling like this around her.

I mean, yeah, we've been to places together before, but they weren't considered dates, so technically, this is our first one. 

AND I'M ALMOST LATE.

I swear to god if this is Clem calling, I'm fucking killing myself. 

X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_X

*Clementine's POV*

"Violet, where are you?" 

She's always late, but I'm actually ready for once. 

And I'm on time.

"Leaving out right now. I'll be there in two minutes. We're in the same building and You literally live 2 doors down from me. " She huffed, with what I'm assuming, a smirk on her face.

"Shit- Why the fuck- Clem, come outside, please. Because apparently, I'm having trouble locking the fucking door. "

I found myself with a smile on my face. 

"Alright." 

I headed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror once more before leaving. 

This short black dress looked good on me if I'm being honest, and it's easy to take off. 

My hair still hasn't sweated out, considering how hot it is. 

And my sandals haven't popped yet. 

I'm ready to go. 

"CLEM. " 

Damn, Violet could be loud when she wanted to. 

X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_X

I slipped out of my door and approached Violet, who was still fondling with the keys in the door but didn't notice me. 

"Violet, what the hell is wrong with you?" I chuckled and caught her attention.

Her eyes widened. 

"Wow, Clem, you really outdid yourself tonight. Wow. " She tilted her head with a smile.

"You must be putting on a show tonight. Happy Birthday. " I chuckled and kissed her gently. 

I grabbed her keys in the middle of the kiss and locked the door like it was nothing.

"How in the hell do you always do that? And thank you, milady. " Violet separated herself from the kiss and looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"How do you always manage to use the wrong key?" I questioned her with a smirk. 

"Good point. " 

X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_X

*Violet's POV*

When we got to Applebees, yes, we went there for a nice date and got all dressed up because we're cheap and extra as fuck, We grabbed a seat off the bat. 

It was almost like they had a reserved seat for us. 

"Here are your menu's, I'll be back in a jiffy to take your orders. " The waiter was really polite, no doubt, she was getting a tip. 

X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_X

After we ordered our food, Clem and I just sat there and talked. 

"Violet, it's only been 7 months. "

"Clementine, It's August 6, we met on January 6, that's 9 months. " 

"Violet, are you- Can you not count?" Clem basically choked on her drink because of her laughter. 

That's I realized, I was fucking wrong.  

My face was covered in the fact that I realized that I'm slow. 

"Yeah, I know I'm right. Nine times out of ten, I'm always right. " Clem chuckled with her arms folded, showing me a toothy smile. 

"You're so beautiful. " I dismissed the subject, admiring her beauty. 

Clem is a pretty girl. I got lucky when she gave me her number. 

She couldn't help but smile at my compliment. 

" At least I'm right one out of ten times. That's still something. " 

"You're driving home, right?" Clem dismissed the topic, I'm assuming that's her telling me that she wasn't up for a discussion.

"Yeah, why?" 

"Because my feet-- They're killing me. " She sighed, taking her shoes off. 

Maybe I should carry her. Yeah.

"Watch this Prince charming shit it do for you." I chuckled, already creating the idea in my head. 

Clapping and singing soon occurred, catching my attention. 

Once the waiter yelled "WE GOT A BIRTHDAYYYYY" I automatically looked at Clem with a red face.

They surrounded the table and everybody was looking. 

"Happy happy birthday, from Applebees to you, we wish it was our birthday so we could party too!" 

I couldn't stop smiling despite how embarrassed I was. 

I looked into Clem's soft eyes and grabbed her hand. 

" I love you. " 

WHAT THE FUCK. 

That was the first time I ever said that to her and it came out like it was nothing. 

"I love you too, Violet. "