Chapter LXXVI: I'm Not Fix-It-Felix.

"So, you're a roofer, but you can't put a bed together?" Clementine became impatient with Violet. "I'm a roofer, not Fix-It Felix." Violet sighed, Hammering two pieces of wood together. "Don't roofers fix things???" Clem furrowed her eyebrows with her arms crossed. "Clem, we fix ROOFS. It's literally in the name. Besides, I'm almost done. Only two more pieces and we'll have ourselves a brand new bed." Violet tried to lighten the mood, repeatedly banging the nail in the same spot to make sure it was all the way in. "Uh... Get the Screwdriver and tighten the bolts on the side of the bed frame." Violet wanted to get this over with and go to bed. "No, you broke it, so you fix it." Clem sat on the floor with a very angry face." 

"Don't give me sass and don't tell me no. You play a part in breaking it too if we're being honest." Violet shrugged her shoulders, putting the screwdriver in front of Clementine and giving her soft eyes. "Don't do that!" 

"Do what?" Violet smiled, knowing exactly what she was doing. "Don't give me puppy eyes and a smile, asshole." Clem's anger slowly formed into giggles as Violet made steady eye contact with her. "I'm not doing anything." Violet looked away with a smirk on her lips. "That's the only reason you got my number."

"Mmmm, no, I think it was because of my dashing good looks." Violet winked at her and went back to nailing the last piece of the bed together. "You don't look THAT good." Clementine chuckled, tightening the bolts on the bed. 

"Hey, Clem?" Violet smirked. "What?" The brown-headed girl peeked from over the other side of the bed. "Suck it." Violet stuck up her middle finger making Clem slightly giggle. "Sit on it and twirl." Clem stuck her middle finger up in return. "Wouldn't you love that?" 

------------------------------------

"BOOM." Violet yelled, putting the last part of the headboard onto the bed. "WHATRKTHEFUKK" Clementine yelled jumping up from the other side of the bed. "ALL DONE BITCHESSS" 

"YOU SCARED THE FUCK OUT OF ME" Clementine hyperventilated, grabbing her heart dramatically. "Shhhhh, just celebrate with me." Violet chuckled, moving the hair from out of her face. 

"Thank god. It took us like... 4 hours." Clem rolled her eyes to the back of her head in the most extra way possible. "It was only 2. Thank you very much." 

"Yeah, 1 hour of you figuring out how to read the directions and 30 mins of you being cocky and 30 minutes of us actually putting it together." Clem sighed, looking at the bed. "You forgot about the 2 hours of you complaining about nothing instead of helping. But it's finally done. Try it out, babe." Violet did jazz hands toward the bed.

Clem sat down on the bed carefully, soon falling in love with it after having to sleep on the couch for 3 days. "It's fucking amazing." Clem exhaled, spreading her arms and legs to cover the mattress. "Holy shit, we put a bed together." Violet smiled, laying down on the bed next to her lover. 

"I thought it was gonna fall, to be honest." Clem chuckled, putting her hands behind her head and looking up at the ceiling. "me too." 

"How about, to avoid this in the future, we try to be... more gentle?" 

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Yeah, I know we won't."

"I second that."