Chapter LXXXVII: Have You Met You?

( All of her- Part 5)

As the sun pierced through the curtains of Clementine's room, Violet began squinting her eyes, just waking up from the long night they had. Her heart skipped a beat when she noticed the brunette sleeping softly beside her. Every time she looked at her, she remembered why she chose her. Why she put so much effort into getting to know her. 

Soft snores coming from Clementine filled the quiet room. She had every right to snore after the sleepover they had. 

Violet forced her eyes off of the girl. If she didn't have any self-control, she would've been staring all morning. She decided it would be best to make breakfast instead of gawk over her until she woke up and got freaked out. 

So she did. 

Violet crawled out of bed softly, trying her best not to wake up the sleeping beauty. 

Dragging her feet, she made her way to the bathroom. 

Of course, she was still sluggish, crusty eyes, bad breath, all of it. 

She ran her fingers through her golden locks, drawing whatever parts were long enough into a ponytail. She still had a few strands of free hair hanging in her face, some in the back, but it wasn't horrible. (I kinda imagine Violet like that girl from Below Her Mouth.) 

It was good enough for now. She wasted no time and splashed ice cold water on her face. It was time for her to wake up anyways. 

Her face frowned with confusion when she realized something. 

One person lived here, but there were two toothbrushes?

Violet began to come up with all kinds of scenarios. Was Clementine cheating before they were even in a relationship? Did Violet even have the right to be mad if she was seeing someone else? Probably not. 

Violet stared at the brushes deep in thought while she applied toothpaste on her own. 

"It could be one of her friends. Her family wasn't that close to her, so it wasn't one of them. Her friends all have their own place which means they'd have their own toothbrushes, but it could be a chance they left it behind one night, or it could be another person living with her. Maybe she wasn't as single as she claimed to be. Maybe she was still dealing with someone else but decided to drag me along just for fun. Maybe she was only using me. Was she? I hope she's not using me."

Violet felt her tongue burn as she brushed her teeth with anger, losing track of how long she'd been scrubbing the same spot. 

All the thoughts bombarded her head, forcing her to think of doing things to other people that she wouldn't ever voluntarily do. 

She knew that if she had to, she would kill for that amber-eyed angel. She'd do anything she had to, without hesitation. But she'd have to do it carefully of course. She wouldn't be able to stay away from Clementine for years on top of years if she got sent to prison. 

Violet rinsed her mouth out, swishing the water around a few times, looking at herself in the mirror with confusion. 

She didn't understand why her brain worked the way it did. 

-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Violet opened the waffle maker, letting the fresh scent of the neatly cooked food fill the air. As the bacon came to the end of its sizzle, Clementine rolled out of bed, huffed with every step she took, making her way to the kitchen, unsurprisingly. 

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Violet gave a light-hearted smile, using a fork to put the bacon on a plate. 

Clementine stretched, letting out a grunt of relief as she relaxed her tense muscles.