Chapter LXVIII: Open Your Eyes.

*Violet*

"I missed you so much." Violet smiled into a tight embrace, squeezing Clementine with all her might before she could even lock the front door. "I told you I would be back." Clementine wheezed from the force of Love with a grin from ear to ear on her face. "I know, but it took you a long time." 

"I was gone for thirty minutes." Clementine shook her head as she put the bags down, reflecting on how dramatic her girlfriend was being. "Thirty minutes away from you was like a lifetime... I'm just glad you're back." 

"You ready to go? We're gonna watch a movie... Go out to eat... Come back... And cuddle." Violet couldn't keep a smile off her face as she panned out their plans for the day. "Well, we don't wanna be late, now do we?" Violet sarcastically asked, brushing a few strands of loose hair behind her lover's left ear. Clementine smiled and headed out to the car. 

------------------------

"Make sure you buckle up." Violet glanced at Clementine, watching her click the seatbelt. "All good to go." Clem gave her a half smile and watched her pull off. "I love you, Violet."

"I love you too, Clem." 

---------------------------

"What movie do you wanna see?" Clementine hummed, clutching on to Violet's arm as they waited in line to get tickets. "Are you crazy? I wanna see Endgame!" What other movie would I possible wanna see?" Violet basically jumped with enthusiasm at the thought of the footage and how good it would be. 

"You're gonna cry. I know you are and I don't know if you wanna do it in front of people." Clem sighed, leaning her head on Violet's arm that she was holding onto tightly. "If Steve Rogers is in it, it's worth it. There is no negotiation." Violet tried to seem as serious as possible, stepping up to order The tickets next. 

"You can cry on me all night." Clem sighed, giving up and deciding not to debate movie choice anymore. 

Violet stepped up next, looking at the cashier with a smile. 

"Hello, welcome to Neshaminy Theaters, how may I serve you today?" 

"Can I get two adult tickets for Endgame?" Violet spoke clearly, excitement coating her tone. "These are the last two tickets. We need to make sure it's a party of two. We had a group of teens come in earlier, each bought ten tickets just so they could have the theater to themselves... We don't want the same thing happening when there could be one last lucky person to steal the seat." She respectfully explained, praying that Violet wouldn't snap.

"My girlfriend is right here... What the hell are you talking about?" Violet furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, glaring at the cashier with such anger. "Ma'am... There's no one there." 

Violet looked at Clementine who had a confused look on her face as well. "How do you not fucking see her?" Violet spoke with animosity carrying her tone. "If you don't leave, I'm calling security." The woman behind the cashier had her finger above the intercom button. 

"Alright, Fuck you, fuck this theater, and fuck Endgame." Violet hissed before walking off, holding Clementine closer than ever. 

-----------------

Violet slammed the car door shut and looked over at Clementine who was staring out of the window in disappointment. "Hey, Clem... It's okay..." Violet comforted her, holding her hand tightly. 

"Violet..."

"No... It's okay, Clem." 

"Violet..."

"Clem, it's okay."

"VIOLET." 

Violet stayed silent, not wanting to trigger her even more than she had already done. 

"Y- Yes?" Violet whispered, hoping and praying Clementine would turn and face her. 

"You need to let go."

"Let go of what?"

"Let go."

"Clem... What're you..."

"It's been a year... almost two." 

"What..?" 

"Let me go."

"You... I can't... I love you."

"Violet... I'm a figment of your imagination."

"No, you're here. What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Open your eyes!"

"They are open."

"Open them and accept reality... I'm gone... I'm Dead."

"You're still here. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Violet, You know what happened."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know what happened."

"You recovered. You're fine."

"Violet. That fucking helicopter was destroyed. Nobody survived. Not me, Aasim, Brody, Louis, or Ruby. You know what happened. Let us go... Let ME go."

"You're... that's... They're alive... so are you."

"I'm dead. I'm gone. You went to my funeral with Sophie and Lee... And AJ... I'm gone. You saw it yourself."

"Clem..."

"Open your eyes."

"You're okay..."

"Goodbye, Violet."

"Where are you going- Clem? CLEM? DON'T LEAVE ME."

"Goodbye, Violet."

"I LOVE YOU."

"I love you too."

"Don't leave..."

"Don't leave..." 

"No... Don't leave..."