Chapter LXXXI: Circle One.

*halfway through 9th grade*

Being the new kid was never easy, especially for Clementine.

With every switch, there was an issue. Whether it was with staff or students, there was always a problem. Clementine had a particularly hard time adjusting to the changes she was facing. Her parents expected her to just be okay with everything every time they moved.

Taking a wild guess, let's say they moved around three times within two years.

That was until clementine was fed up and decided to move in with her uncle, Lee. A professor at Georgia Tech who had a mostly successful career, an adopted son, and a wife, Carley.

(Yall saw this coming)

When she moved in with him, everything changed for the better.

She was more content, her hair was always done, she smelled better, looked better, felt better, she had less of a difficulty with concentrating in school, and she found herself a group of friends that she admired for the most part, and life was great.

After the endless amounts of transfers, she found the perfect school.

In her group of friends, she had Louis, Aasim, Sophie, Minerva (because she's hot, idc), Mitch, Brody, Marlon, Omar, Ruby, and Violet.

They were the first real friends she ever had. The second Louis saw her and got the chance to know her a bit, he immediately knew she'd be a fit for the group. Though the group was full of a bunch of different people, the one thing they all shared was good vibes.

When Clementine was introduced to the group, one of the girls caught her attention.

Violet.

She couldn't take her eyes off of her.

Hazel met green and stuck to each other for a while before being snapped out of the daze they both found themselves in.

Violet tried to speak but only stutters fumbled out of her mouth, making Clementine blush slightly before introducing herself thoroughly.

"Hey... I'm Clementine. Nice to meet you." She spoke confidently, standing straight with a strong yet sweet voice, sending Violet into another stuttering fit, her cheeks instantly reddening and her smile growing even more.

"Hi... I'm uh, I'm Violet...?" The blonde whispered, finding herself lost in the girl's eyes again, admiring the honey gold color that drew her in, the soft look, the sparkle they had set in them... All of it.

"Are you asking me what your name is?" Clementine giggled, feeling her heart beat faster and butterflies in her stomach.

"I think she's having a stroke-" Brody looked at the pale skinned girl with confusion.

"Nope, she's just going through one of those gay panic things. Typical Vi. She doesn't know how to hold a conversation with a pretty girl." Minerva chuckled, patting Violet on the shoulder.

"Well, it's okay. It's still nice to meet you." Clementine gently grabbed Violet's hand, shaking it softly, taking in the soft touch of her skin. Though her hands were calloused, they still felt like silk sheets and cocoa butter.

"It's nice to meet you too." Violet cleared her throat, giving a shy smile and avoiding eye contact for a while.

"Is Violet having another gay thing?" Louis laughed, hands on his hips and a bright grin on his face.

"The tall girl called it a 'gay panic' or something?" The brunette raised an eyebrow at Louis, looking for an explanation.

"Well, I can see that you're inquisitive, so, here's a quick rundown of that; Whenever Violet sees a pretty girl, she gets lost for words and doesn't know how to hold a convo, like a normal person, so, normally, they think she's crazy, but in all reality, she's just gay." Sophie broke it down the best she could.