Chapter XC: Tour Guide.

"Name?"

"Violet Aria Adlon." 

"Okay... birthday?"

"7/23/1996" 

"Time of death?" 

"9:54 PM." 

"Cause of death?" 

"Take a wild guess, Clementine. We all saw it coming." Aasim grumbled. His voice dripped with disappointment. He knew they could've helped her, but not exactly how. He felt as though his ignorance was the cause of her passing. 

"Her abusive girlfriend. Got it." 

None of the angels were shocked. They'd been watching over her for a while now. Before she met her murderer, she had such a nice life ahead of her, but instead, she fell for satan's trap. The second Violet agreed to be in a relationship with her abuser, her amount of years left decreased significantly. 

"It's not our fault. We showed her all the signs." Clementine sighed, indulging in her habit of untangling her brown, curly hair. It was true. They gave her many chances, but she ignored every last one of them. 

"She's not wrong. We did the best we could." Louis sighed, sitting on the desk next to the paperwork. 

"She's coming up, guys. Get ready." Marlon huffed, stopping the conversation before it turned into another argument. He ran his fingers through his blonde locks, moving the hair out of his face, recovering from his run up the flight of stairs. 

The golden elevator doors opened slowly, exposing the girl. 

Clementine had a smile planted on her face, making her way over to the doors. 

Violet's green orbs darted all over the place, looking for some type of sign. She didn't know where she was. All she knew was that everything was white and she hadn't seen a single person without a smile. 

"Can somebody please tell me where the fuck I am?" Violet asked with balled up fists and furrowed eyebrows. She woke up in a random elevator. What else would you expect from her?

"Welcome to hell!" Louis exclaimed with jazz hands. He was sure his playful demeanor would get him caught up one day, but he didn't care. life was all about having fun. 

"Louis!" 

"I'm just kidding. Welcome to heaven. We've been waiting for you." Louis corrected himself, smiling at the blonde in front of him. 

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Violet began raising her voice with rage. She could feel her heart beating faster after every second. She was ready to fight already. 

"Hurry up and process her so we can get the next one up." Marlon chuckled, knowing that the dreaded was the best person for this job. 

"Process? Are you gonna kill me or something? What is going on here? Where am I? Who are you? Why am I-"

"Please, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Louis, your tour guide. I'll be walking you through the magical kingdom of heaven and I'll tell you everything you need to know." Louis smiled, flashing her some teeth, doing his best to make her feel safer. 

"Actually, Louis, we need you for the next one... It's a little kid. He's about 6 or 7. Clementine can take her." Marlon informed him, hoping this next one wouldn't be too heartbreaking. 

"We can walk and talk. I'll answer every single question you have." Clementine reassured her, reaching her hand out and gently holding onto Violet's. She knew it was a bit much, but she was freaked out.