Chapter LXVI: Annual Checkup.

Italics are Violet's thoughts and text messages. It won't be confusing. You'll be able to tell the difference.

-----------------

"Just go ahead, I'll find parking and meet you back there." Louis yelled from the car window, leaving Violet on the sidewalk with an irritated face. Violet decided it would be best to just go inside the doctor's office and sign herself in. 

She made her way through the automatic doors, waving at the people at the front desk. She continued her way to the adult clinic. 

The walk seemed a lot longer this time without having Louis distracting her and keeping her company which she enjoyed but put on a front whenever he was around or she was asked about it. 

She finally arrived at the adult clinic and went up to the front desk to sign herself in. She looked around the room, examining the number of sick people surrounding her as she wrote down her name and appointment time. 

-------------

PianoBitch: You signed in yet?

Me: Yeah. You find parking?

PianoBitch: Yeah, so where are you again?

Me: The adult clinic... Tf.

PianoBitch: I thought you went to pediatrics. 

Me: Louis, I'm 23. Wtf. That's for the kids.

PianoBitch: Well now I feel stupid.

Me: Which you are...

PianoBitch: I can still get straight A's though :)

Me: Louis, can you BRING YOUR ASS? Jesus.

PianoBitch: After I hit the cafe. There's this girl that just walked in, I wanna go talk to her. She's a redhead.

Me: Whatever. I'll probably be in the room by the time you get here... Tell me how it goes... I guess.

PianoBitch: Will do, my favorite purple lesbian. How about you find yourself a potential date too?

Me: No. Bye.

PianoBitch: Please? :( 

Me: Louis, that's not happening.

PianoBitch: We shall speak it into existence then. Keep thy head high and keep thy thoughts positive.

Me: I'm about to fucking kill you.

PianoBitch: I said what I said. See you soon. 

-------------------

"Violet... Adlon?" The doctor called for me, reading the clipboard in her hand. Violet stood up and fixed her black and white flannel, making her way over to the doctor. "Nice shirt." The doctor complimented, Violet still hadn't looked up at her. "Thanks." She blankly replied, still messing with one of the buttons that were irritating her. 

"Take off your shoes and empty your pockets, please. Your doctor will be with you soon." The lady smiled and stuck her pen behind her ear and sat down at another desk. 

Another silent five minutes went by and Violet was finally forced out of her phone. "You're Violet Adlon?" Another doctor read from the clipboard to verify it was the right person. "Yeah."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Clementine... I'm pretty sure the lady that walked you in here already had you empty your pockets and whatnot?" She put the clipboard down and smiled at Violet. If Violet could die due to how beautiful somebody was, she would die right then and there.