Chapter VIII: It Is What It Is.

Oof, vent.

Being the best man at your best friends wedding is maybe the most amazing thing ever.

But in Violet's case, it's the worst.

But she can't be sad... or angry... or whatever she feels.

Louis always attracted people.

Especially Clementine.

It broke Violet's heart, but she had to be happy.

For her best friend. 

She stared in awe watching Clementine walk down the aisle.

Almost got lost in her imagination, wondering what it would be like if Clementine had chosen her instead of Louis.

The look Lee gave Violet made her snap back into reality. 

He always knew Violet had a thing for Clem and it was obvious Clem felt the same, but neither made the first move. 

Louis did. 

Clem wound up falling for him instead.

Lee liked Louis, but he knew his sweetpea would be better off with Vi.

Pretty sure Clementine knew it as well, but she couldn't face it. 

She didn't want to break Louis' heart... 

Not that she didn't break Violet's. 

Louis said his vows, Clementine said hers, sharing glances with the blonde who had her hands behind her back with a forced smile.

She could feel her soul burning at this point.

Remembering how Clementine used to give her the same smiles when the hung out every weekend. How soft her touch was with her baby bottom skin. How her eyes sparkled in the moonlight, shone in the sun, were always full of hope or happiness in some way or form. How her smile could light up the whole room...

All of that was Louis' now. 

And It hurt like hell. 

She could barely handle it.

They shared a kiss to seal the deal, Violet's heart finally shattered.

Well, at least what was left of it.

She watched the two walk down the aisle, next, her and Sophie, then Marlon and Brody, then Aasim and Ruby.

When they got outside, she separated herself from the pairs and found herself in her car with the doors locked and the windows rolled up despite how hot it was outside due to the late spring heat.

That's when everything started to pour out. 

She couldn't hold it like she usually did. 

Something inside her just broke and she couldn't bear the heartbreak.

Tears started to fall down her face as if it was raining. 

She looked out of her windshield and shook her head seeing the newlywed couple holding hands.

"It is what it is. Let it be. They're happy. Move on." Were the first words that popped into her head when she saw them kiss again.

She knew it wouldn't be that easy though.

She took a deep breath and sighed with her eyes closed. 

"They're happy... She's happy." She gripped the steering wheel tightly before taking a deep breath to relax her again.

A slight knock on her tinted windows made her head snap in the direction and she immediately wiped her eyes.

She opened the passenger seat door and let them in.

There she was, the beauty she could've called her wife; Clementine.

The brunettes face frown when she noticed Violet's puffy red eyes "Violet... You okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just... Happy... for you." She spoke dishonestly above a whisper.

Clementine's face fell once she noticed what the issue was.

"I'm sorry." She blurted out, looking at the sad girl beside her.

"For what?" Violet raised an eyebrow, oblivious to what she was apologizing for.

"Not... choosing you."

"It is what it is."