Chapter X: The Thing We Call Life.

*Clementine's POV* 

 I woke up to a knock on the door. It was almost like how police knock on your door in the movies. I tried to turn around and sit up straight, but Violet's arms were wrapped around me. I moved her arm and slowly slid off of the bed, trying not to wake her up but I was very unsuccessful. "Clem? " She groaned as she rubbed her eyes, making me smile. "Yes, my love? " I answered her, as I brushed my hair, making myself look presentable enough to answer the door. The knock occurred again. "Who's that? " She asked, sitting up on the bed with curiosity. "I dunno, we'll see soon. " I looked back at the door. "Who is it? " I projected my voice, startling Violet. " Room service. " Louis said with a fake accent, making us laugh. I opened the door and let them in. "You guys are just now waking up? It's like 1 pm. " Louis seemed surprised, not knowing what had happened on the beach and how long we were there for. "Had a long night." Violet shrugged her shoulders after getting up and stretching. "What time did you guys go to sleep? Jeez, Louise." Louis chuckled. "Uh, probably around like 12:30... You guys left at like 10. We stayed on the beach and-- " Violet almost told them what had happened. "Watched the waves splash! " I cut her off, elbowing her in her arm, trying to shut her up. "Too late Clem, I already caught on. Violet must've had a great time going swimming. " He winked and chuckled. "Oh, shut up. " Sophie snickered. "We got you guys breakfast. " Sophie informed us, handing us the bag that was behind her back. " Thanks, You guys can sit down if you want." Violet offered, shutting the door behind them. "After you guys eat, get dressed and stuff because we've got a long day planned ahead of us. A long day of relaxing on the beach and drinking smoothies and of course, our favorite activity, swimming." He finished off with jazz hands and a wide toothy smile. "Well planned. Our day looks great so far." I responded with a smile, sharing an equal amount of happiness. "Louis, Sophie, I love you guys for this. Chicken nuggets and grits? Where do they even make this at? " Violet asked happily. "We love you too. I can't believe after all this time, you still love chicken nuggets. " He laughed. "Clem, ya know, Violet has been in love with chicken nuggets since the first time we ate them? We were like 5, and I had spent the night at her grandma's house and her grandma didn't have enough time to cook because of bible study, so we got fast food and she bought us chicken nuggets. Violet actually cried because they were 'sooooo gooooood' ." Louis reminisced, barely able to talk because of his laughter. The room was full of joy. Today seemed like it would be a great day. 

After we ate breakfast, we got showered, got dressed and headed right to the beach and found the same exact spot where we were at. The sun was bright and shone down on us. I knew by the time we leave here, we'd probably all be tanned. "Later on tonight, I've got a special surprise for you, Sophie. " Louis winked at her and removed his hanging dreads from his face. "Can I get it now?" She cheesed in an attempt to make him give it to her now. " Hmmmmm, How about... No. You'll get it later and I promise, if you get it later, you'll love it more. Especially while the moon is shining and... I can't say too much... I can only promise that you'll love it. " He kissed her hand gently with passion. "I really love you, Louis." She pressed her head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. "I love you, even more, dookie butt. " Louis replied as he prepared himself to get hit with a smiled and tense body. " Don't call me that. " She chuckled and punched him on his arm. 

**Violet's POV**

(Something that I've kinda picked up on Violet's behalf, is that she has a very potty mouth. She swears like a damn pirate and I personally think if I implement this into her character in this story, then it'll make it seem more realistic than ever. So enjoy.)

We spent the whole day on the beach, soaking in the sun and collecting color. I can't remember the last time we had fun like this. It's nice to have a break from everything, especially while I got my wife with me. Every second here has been magical. Even with Minerva being here... I've just come to terms with how fucking ironic that is... We are still managing to have a great time.