Chapter XVII: Family Dinner II.

*Violet's POV*

So it's finally dinner time, and my heart is literally in my ass.

Lee is on one end, Clem and I are on one side, AJ is across the table from us and the empty seat across from Lee is where Carley is supposed to be sitting.

Now at this point, I'm stalling. 

Fuck that game we were playing.

I'm fucking terrified. 

So more conversation is coming her way. 

"Lee, you know, It's this girl AJ li-"

"STOP! Wait. Chill." AJ cut me off, his heart was beating out of his chest.

"I already know. I hear you talk to her on the phone all the time." Lee chuckled. 

"I knew it," Clem mumbled, stabbing a piece of turkey with her fork.

"How?" AJ darted his head toward Clem.

"Lee knows everything. He hears everything, he just doesn't see everything, but he doesn't have to see to know what's happening." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Damn right." Lee winked at me.

"I know and hear everything too." 

Shit. 

Is she playing with me right now or what?

"Not yet." Lee glared at her with a smile, then at me.

"What? Violet..." Clem's face frowned with confusion. 

"Alright, I'll cut the shit- sorry Lee." I took a deep breath, pulling out a piece of paper.

"Oh my god..." AJ mutters, eyes wide and a smile.

"You're doing great sweetie." Lee gave me a thumbs up, holding his phone steady and recording.

"Alright, Clem, I wrote you a letter, I'm about to do something crazy, so uh, yeah." I flashed a smile to her.

My heart is in my ass right about now. 

"Clem, I love you so much. I'm pretty sure you know that. Ever since we met, I was head over heels for you. You never knew that until we were freshmen in high school. Fun fact; Minerva and I broke up because I was in love with you. Oops."

I giggled a bit at my childishness. 

I held her hand gently, placing my eyes back on the paper where I left off. 

" And I never knew it until she smacked me in the face with it. Crazy right? But, anyway, We've been through so much these last 8 years. Freshmen in high school to college graduates. But that time flew by in such a short amount of time, at least it feels like that. I won't ever forget the time when Me, you, and Louis ate edibles for the first time by accident. We were crying to Lee about how we were gonna die and stuff... I remember every single dinner I've had with you guys and how you always made me feel like family... Never was I ever excluded from anything, ever. I really appreciate that." I read word for word off of the paper, looking up at them here and there.

"So many memories that I can think of and can't let go. I'll be damned if I ever forget anything that happened with you guys. I don't even know my parents birthday but I know everyones birthday here by heart. That just shows how much you guys mean to me. Especially you Clem. The love of my life, the woman no one can compare to, my chicken nugget. I love you with all my heart, I know this is probably cheesy as... F... But still, You know how much I love love stories... But our is my favorite, but lets..."

I pulled the box out of my pocket and slid off of the chair, onto the floor on one knee. 

"End it and start a new story... Chapter... whatever you wanna call it. Clementine Jade Everett, will you marry me? Please? Don't say no." I tightly closed my eyes, praying to the chicken nugget gods that she'll say yes.

I looked up at her and noticed her silence.

"She's crying!" AJ cried out. 

"Yes, Violet, I- yes... I love you too." She choked out, barely able to speak. 

"Hell yeah!" I jumped up and slid the ring on her finger. 

She pulled me in for a passionate kiss, proceeded by wrapping her arms around me. 

"How am I supposed to finish my dinner now!?" AJ yelled angrily wiping tears from his face with a smile, balling his eyes out.

"I'm so proud of my babies." Lee ended the video, got up and joined the hug, hiding his tears.

And just like that, a new chapter opened up for us. 

One that was just unimaginable a few hours ago.

This is so gay. 

I can't wait to see where this'll take us.