Chapter XLI: End Of The Road.

*Clementine's POV*

It really happened. 

They got me.

Took a chunk out of me and it hurts like hell. 

I never thought it'd end like this.

And I'm all alone.

Louis and I got separated, Violet is with AJ... Aasim and the rest of the kids are probably still hiding out.

Meanwhile, I'm slumped over on a tree, hiding from what comes next.

Getting caught.

I can't imagine how AJ will feel if he finds me like this...

Or Violet...

The first time they found me, it was only because I hid in the most obvious place ever.

When AJ found me...

He tickled me with every fiber of his being until I couldn't breathe.

Took a big fat chunk out of my dignity.

He ruined my reputation. 

He's a big kid now... But we still find time to play here and there.

He's what... Probably fifteen now?

Just like I was when we first found the place we call home.

Violet is around 23-24 and grew her hair out,

Same for Louis, Aasim, Ruby, Mitch, and Omar age wise...

 Marlon and Brody are probably the oldest of all of us; around 25 or 26, 

Rosie is still hanging in there, 

Tennessee is probably around 17, same for Willy.

"Seven, eight, nine, TEN! Ready or not, here I come." Violet's voice filled the silent courtyard that was also full of people trying to hide.

"Louis, over here!" I whisper-shouted to him, waving my hands to catch his attention when I finally found him again.

He peeked over the couch that he was hiding behind and made a run for it when the coast was clear. 

Violet may be blind in one eye, but she isn't deaf, neither is AJ, so most likely, they heard that.

Louis took out his pen and paper and started writing; "Thanks. You saved my skin."

His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me awkwardly and started writing again.

"Okay, so, That made you sound crazy, so let me rephrase that. Ahem. Thanks for helping me hide." 

"No problem. We have to get out of here before they find us. We're out in the open. Follow me."

He silently saluted me and smiled.

I peeked over the couches and saw Violet pointing to where Ruby was hiding.

We ran for the wooden table that stayed flipped for target practice.

Well, that's just an excuse.

Nobody flipped it back after the raiders attacked us. 

The soft patters of someone's feet hit the grass in a quiet rhythm.

"Stay here, I'm gonna move forward, I'll make sure the coast is clear." I looked over to Louis and continued to peek over the table. 

Violet is all the way across the courtyard, but AJ is nowhere to be seen. 

I made a run for it without looking ahead and ran into someone.

"Oh, shit. Sorry, Brody." I apologized and kept moving. 

"The coast is clear." I motioned for Louis to join me. 

Louis ran over to me on all fours and I couldn't hold back the laughter bubbling up inside me.

"Louis, what is wrong with you?" I asked in between giggles. 

He handed me a piece of paper, "You're asking me? Tuh. Like I would know." 

It was like he already knew I was gonna ask that question and had already prepared. 

"Gang... Gang gang." Violet spoke softly but her hands were making smacking noises as if she was throwing up actual gang signs... 

I peeked over the brown couch and saw her looking right back at me.

"RUN!" I pushed Louis and broke into a full sprint. 

I looked back at Louis but didn't pay attention to where I was going and ran into the fucking flipped table.

I flipped over... a flipped table. 

In a matter of seconds, I'm gonna get tickled until I can't fucking breathe.

How much worse can life get?

I sat up and looked around.

Violet was tickling Louis which meant I still had some time.

I'm not gonna let a quick little mishap take me out of the game.

I'm gonna show them that after all these years, I still got my spunk.

I got up and darted into the dooms as quick as possible. 

The second I got in there, I ran into AJ. 

A tall skinny figure, about 5'10, and just a little bit of chin hair. 

He scared the absolute shit out of me.

I ran back out of the door and ran into Violet. 

I'm fucked

AJ towered over me on one side, Violet gave me a shit eating grin on the other side.

I had to think quick.

I looked over my options thoroughly but quickly. 

1) Tickle Violet but suffer immense destruction from tickling caused by AJ.

Or

2) Tickle AJ and then try to dart past Violet.

I have to admit; she's gotten a lot faster than before and can keep up with me, so either way, I lose and get tickled.

I have no plans that have no flaws.

I took a deep breath and tickled AJ, making him giggle and squirm just like when he was little. 

Then I attempted to run past VIolet but my plan was cut short due to her wrapping her arms around me, keeping me trapped. 

"It's the end of the road for you." She whispered in my ear then allowed AJ to tickle me. 

This... is everything I've ever asked for.

Everything I've ever wanted.

Everything I fought for...

We fought for.

This is my home.

These people are my family.

This is my life.

I would die for this.