Chapter XII: Gold Wrapping.

*Violet's POV

It's freezing cold and it's snowing. The exact weather you would wanna stay in, cuddling in front of the heater and watching sappy Christmas movies. It was 11:50 when Clem started getting anxious about opening gifts, begging me to at least open one before 12:00.

"Please, Vi? I'll give you... Twenty dollars and a massage...? " She tried to negotiate with me, but me being stubborn, I politely declined her offer. "Babe, just sit down and watch the movie, it's almost twelve. You're lucky I'm not making you wait until the morning." I chuckled. "I wouldn't have waited. I would have to just open them while you're asleep." She replied with an annoyed tone but a smirk on her face. "If that was the case, I would've hidden your presents around the house. Trust and believe, you wouldn't have found them. I went Christmas shopping in the summer. Not once have you found your presents. Plus, I got you something really really nice and I would love to be there when you open it. " I informed her cockily. "Well for your information, I wasn't looking." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "You got five more minutes, then you can go crazy with your presents. I'll tell you which ones to open first to last. I know which ones you'll like the most. " I smiled and held her hand in mines. "You got... two more minutes. You know, you're just like a little kid around this time of year. " I chuckled as I watched her face light up at how much time she had until she could open her presents. "We've been together for 4 years, you know me very well. I love Christmas. I remember when I was little, when Christmas came around, Lee would always let me stay up until 12, watching T.V and eating popcorn... And after I opened my presents, I'd be out like a light. " She reminisced, not even noticing the time.

"You'll be up all night with these presents... And it's 12:04... You can open your gifts. " I said it in a calm tone as if I was rambling on and on about nothing. She didn't notice what I said until about 10 seconds after. "Finally!" She jumped up and ran out to the tree. Her eyes lit up with joy as she scanned the presents. I also snuck about five more when she was asleep during the movie. "When did you do this?" She turned to me with a smile. "I'm Santa." I chuckled. "I love you soooo muchhh." She hugged me tightly. "I know you do, and I love you more. " I kissed her on her forehead. "Now, I think you'd like the present in the gold wrapping the most because I know you well. " I informed her, pointing at the present.

She quickly walked toward the tree and picked up the present. "Which one?" She looked back at me with an eyebrow raised, then back at the presents. "As a matter of fact, How about you save the smallest one for last? Go from biggest to smallest. " I smirked, showing that I was proud of myself. Little does she know, I got a camera set up and everything. When she opens the last gift, she's gonna lose her shit.

She unwrapped the first gift and her smile got wider and wider with every second as she looked at the gift. A PS4. " Violet... Wow... I can't even... Wow. " She started to giggle. "You can thank me later, but for now, finish opening your gifts. " I grew antsy, waiting for her to open the last present.

X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_X

Finally, she was down to the last gift. A smaller box that was gently and carefully wrapped with gold paper and a red bow tied on top of it. "Clem, don't drop it. It's fragile and small. Be careful." I warned her before her emotions would get the best of her. She slowly opened it and pulled a letter out. There was an even smaller box wrapped up inside of the box. She looked back at the box and at the letter in her hand indecisively. "Read the letter first, then open the smaller box." I insisted as I began to prepare myself for the ball of emotions that were coming next. With every flip of paper as she unfolded it, my heart began to race more and more the closer she got to reading it.

She read each and every meaningful word that I wrote to her in less than 10 minutes. Tears began to form and her lip quivered while she looked up at me with happy hazel eyes. They were tears of joy. "I love you too. I'm so glad we met. " Is what she whispered while hugging me. "Let me see the box real quick. I wanna show you something. " I felt my heart drop with those words.

She eagerly walked over to the box and picked it up, remembering that it was fragile and brought it back over to me without dropping it, despite how clumsy she is. "You ready?" I asked her with a huge grin, receiving a nod in response. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes for a second and proceeded to turn away from her to unwrap the present.

'Okay, Violet, you know you can do this. You've been with her for 4 years. She's gonna say yes.'

I looked her in the eyes, got down on one knee and said those magical words. "Will you marry me? Please? Please don't say no." I gave her a toothy grin and a head tilt. "Please?" I asked again, chuckling nervously. Her eyes were wide and her hands were covering her mouth. Tears streamed down her face and she jumped up and down, making no noise whatsoever. "Y E S !" She squealed. So much for her being quiet for that little amount of time. She was just building up the vocal strength to scream.

I placed the ring on her finger and got back up. She almost broke my back, jumping on me and wrapping her legs around me, knocking me down onto the couch... But I won't complain. I knew she would react like that, so I had to make sure she had the ring on before she reacted. We sat there hugging each other for a good fifteen minutes. Clem broke the silence and slowly walked down the hallway. Before she reached the room, she looked back at me and smiled. That damn smile is what made me fall in love before I even met her.

"After you open all your presents, I have one in the room for you. Knock before you come in. " She winked. I couldn't feel my fucking toes anymore and I had hella goosebumps all over.

F U C K.

I think I died...