Oct. 13th (2/4)

2:00pm

Caleb thought he heard voices out in the living room.

He paused his music and then listened carefully, his eyes scanning the room as he did so. And sure enough, he did hear voices. None of them sounded like Minho's and he got a bit concerned.

Did someone break in?

He didn't even know that people tried to break into apartments simply because there were more witnesses. More people to hear.

But once again, if the thief wasn't loud about it, no one would have to be suspicious.

He let out a quiet sigh and slid his chair away from the table, his blood rushing in his ears.

His heart pounded in his chest. It actually felt as though it was in his throat.

Luckily, his door didn't squeak when he opened it.

As he quietly walked down the hall, he heard the fridge door close.

The voices weren't there anymore either.

I hope they didn't hear me ...

He paused when he reached the end of the wall. Right before the opening of the kitchen and he closed his eyes, taking a moment to compose himself. He hoped that this guy didn't have a gun or a knife.

He could dodge fists. But he wasn't so sure about a blade or a bullet.

Just as he was about to jump around the corner, he heard a voice.

"Caleb?"

Caleb stepped around the corner, looking at Minho who stood in front of the fridge staring back at him wide-eyed. In his hand was a mug of something.

"What are you doing sneaking around?"

"What are you doing up at ..." his eyes flickered behind Minho to the time on the fridge. "...2:10 in the morning?"

He wasn't even gonna question how he knew he was there.

He had been quieter than a mute mouse.

"Watching a movie."

So those were the voices he had heard.

"Oh."

"Did I concern you?"

Yes.

"No."

"Oh. Okay." Minho took a drink of whatever was in his mug and then walked past Caleb, heading back into the living room. "I found this new movie on Netflix. It's a scary movie. Do you want to watch it with me?"

Not really. I wanted to watch a movie earlier but you-

"Sure. Let me just go turn my stuff off."

Caleb retreated back to his workshop to turn off his computer. Not only was he a bit relieved to know that no one had broken into his house, but he was happy that he got to spend time with his roommate like he wanted to do earlier.

Good things come to those who wait, he guessed.