Nov. 29th (2/2)

8:18pm

Yuno sighed as he graded yet another test (the student had failed btw) and then gently placed it in the graded stack.

He didn't understand. He made sure the content he taught was easy to understand. He asked questions. He gave students the opportunity to stay after class to help them.

He even allowed them to use a cheat sheet for crying out loud. And only one person in the class had received a passing grade (you can guess who that was).

Yuno shook his head and put his pen down, picking up his cup and taking a swig of his half-caff coffee.

And just as he put the cup down, he heard a noise. Although it was quiet in the building, it wasn't really a noise you could hear unless the door was open and your hearing was A1.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), the door was shut yet Yuno had been able to hear the noise crystal clear.

Quietly, he got out of his chair and went to open the door.

If his heart was beating, it'd be punching his ear drums right now - he wouldn't be able to hear.

Fortunately, the only thing hindering his ability to hear well was his anxiety.

Yuno had heard rumours about the campus being haunted by a professor who had died a few years back. Some students had played a prank on her while she was in the parking lot.

Apparently, chasing her in a car without the headlights on was funny. And hiding in the driver's seat so it looked like the car was haunted?

Hilarious.

Unfortunately, they had run her over. And she died.

Not from being squished by a vehicle 100 times her weight.

More so she died from shock.

The students were arrested. And the professor's soul wasn't at rest(ed. Hahaha see what I tried to do there?).

Yuno hoped that that wasn't the case. He had dealt with a lot of stuff in his life.

Ghosts weren't one of them. 

In fact, he hoped that he'd never have to deal with ghosts.

Yuno drew in a deep breath and went to open his classroom door. And just as he did, he felt himself get forced up against the door.

His arms were twisted behind his back in an uncomfortable way and he couldn't help but to let out a little yelp.

"Ow. What the fuck?"

"You think you can just fuck with Caleb without me doing anything?"

Yuno let out a sigh again. If he got paid for every time he sighed, he'd probably be rich.

"I already fucked with him. You have him back, don't you? What are you bothering me for?"

Yuno's face was pushed up against the glass even more. "Ow! Fuck!"

"Shut the hell up!" His attacker tightened his grip on his already bent up arms and forced him over to a desk and let him go.

"Sit."

"I don't wan-"

"I said sit, bitch."

Yuno glared up at his brother and then flopped down into the open seat and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Just like the good ol' days, eh?"

"Ha! If by good you mean 'you having all the fun while I sit around and be your little slave,' then no."

"Nonsense. I mean us being brothers. Remember us play fighting?"

"I only remember me getting my ass beat by you."

"Hahahaha funny. Now, back to what I came here for; you stay the fuck away from Caleb, alright? He's mine. Not yours. If you want your own plaything, go find one. You leave mine alone."

"I already told you, Minnie: humans are not playthings. They're humans. They have emotions. Just because you don't doesn't mean you can play with them like mice."

The two stared at each other, both of them glaring as if their lives depended on it.

"Clearly you've never had the blood of a human before."

"I have. But I've decided that it's much safer to drain animal blood than it is human blood."

"Yeah you're stupid."

"Am I?"

"You smell stupid."

The younger scoffed, standing up from his chair only to be forced back down by the older.

"You're messing up my plans. I want to use him and then turn him into one of us. And then he'll turn more people and then before you know it, this whole city will be full of our people..."

"I don't want to be part of your stupid plan. And I don't want him to be a part of it either. Do you remember how painful the process was? You were in pain for a little over a week!"

"Listen, shit, I don't want you to be part of the plan. I'm asking you to stay out of it. Mind your own fucking business. If he asks you a question, you lie. Deal?"

Silence sat in the air like a thick layer of cigarette smoke. Out of the two, Yuno clearly seemed to be the most sensible. But apparently, sensible didn't win the race.

He sighed and sucked in a sharp breath.

"Fine."