Oct. 23rd

3:46 pm

To say that work was slow was an understatement.

Well ... to Caleb it was slow.

Tuesdays were usually like that, though.

Honestly, he preferred working on the weekends. Not just because it was busy, but because he got good tips.

During the week, he got decent tips too. And occasionally he'd get someone who gave him a lovely tip.

But the weekends were just better in his opinion.

Another reason he hated working on slow days: he hated cleaning.

Well ... let me rephrase.

He liked cleaning if he was cleaning because he wanted to clean. Not because he was being told to.

And what happened when they weren't busy?

You guessed it: they cleaned.

Currently he was washing out some of the empty glasses he had used.

Unlike everyone else who just rinsed the cups out with hot water, Caleb liked to actually wash them.

Sure, it took a bit longer.

But it was worth it.

He liked to think that because of the extra few seconds he took to actually clean the cups, less people would get sick.

The bell rang, alerting the crew and everyone else in the diner of another customer and Caleb was the first to make it to the front.

No fucking way.

"What are you doing here?"

Approaching the counter was Minho, his usual stoic look plastered on his face as he looked around.

Clearly, he's never been to this diner before. "I didn't know this place existed."

"Yeah. It's kinda new. Only five years old I believe. Now ... what are you doing here?"

"Your shift is almost over, right? I came to pick you up so you don't have to walk home. It's about to rain."

Caleb looked down at his watch and sure enough his shift was almost over.

Then, he looked out the glass door and furrowed his brows. "It doesn't look like it."

While it wasn't necessarily cloudy outside, it wasn't a hundred percent sunny either.

Yes the clouds still swallowed the sun. But the bright rays and the sun itself were still fairly visible.

"Yeah. Well it smells like it. I'll just wait until your shift is over. I'll be sitting over there." He pointed to the first empty booth by the entrance of the diner next to the window before heading over to it and sitting down.

Ever since their discussion least week, Minho had been a bit kinder than usual. Maybe he felt bad. But maybe Caleb got him to open up a bit.

Or maybe both?

Anyways, 10 minutes and one hungry customer later, Caleb was free to go. He hung up his apron and his hat before washing his hands and saying his byes to everyone that was there.

And then he made his way over to Minho.

He wasn't obvious with it, but Caleb could see how Minho quickly (and subtly) turned off his phone screen as he approached.

Unfortunately, Caleb had already caught a sneak peek of what he was doing.

Or morseo reading.

How to Get Your Crush to Like You.

Aww. Min Ho has a crush. How sweet.

I wonder who it could be.