Oct. 30th (2/2)

Not edited.

But I hope you all are enjoying the story so far :).

I hope you're having a good day. And if your day is over or just starting, have a good day/night.
-

9pm

"Where are you going?" Caleb watched as Minho grabbed his coat out of the closet that was at the entrance. He tugged it on before running a hand through his hair.

"Out to see someone."

This made Caleb very very sad. He thought that he had stopped. But apparently he didn't.

He opened his mouth to speak.

Except he didn't think before speaking.

"You can't go!"

Minho arched a brow. He liked Caleb. Don't get him wrong. But he wasn't gonna let the younger tell him what he could and couldn't do.

He wasn't his parent.

He didn't even mean anything to him. Not really. 

"And why is that?"

Caleb sighed. "Because ... I don't want anything to happen to you. We've talked about this before."

"And I've told you that I'm fine. There's another reason behind your desire for me to stay." He concluded. He knew it was a lie the first time Caleb had said it.

He had been around long enough to tell the difference between a lie and a truth.

He was better than the world's best polygraph test.

"Because ..."

Caleb paused. Would he really tell the truth?

"Well spit it out. My 9:30 is waiting for me."

"I like you, Minho."

Minho fell silent, his stoic gaze softening a bit. He hadn't expected the younger to say it.

"And I don't like it when you go out and have sex with random people. I know what you said. And you mean it, I know. But I just don't like it ..."

"Well I have needs, Caleb. I have to satisfy them." He noticed how the younger wasn't looking him in the eyes anymore. And it saddened him a bit.

He loved those hazel hues.

"I know. What if I offer to satisfy your needs?"

Bold move, Minho thought.

"No thank you." He knew that if he agreed, Caleb would become his intimacy buddy.

Minho had a big appetite.

"Someone as soft as you couldn't handle me."

Ouch.

Micro-aggression at it's finest.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Minho crossed the room, approaching Caleb. "I have a big appetite, Caleb. Not just for sex. But for blood too."

Caleb gulped. "Okay. You're a little sadistic. So what."

"No, Caleb. I mean blood blood. I'm a vampire. I don't always have sex when I go out. I feed on people sometimes. And sometimes, I feed on them AND have sex."

The fact that he had said that so casually, as if someone had asked for the time, unnerved him a bit.

Caleb laughed. A nervous laugh. But a laugh nonetheless. "You're kidding me, right? Vampires don't exist. Proof. I need proof."

Minho sighed and pulled up a corner of his mouth, exposing his rather sharp canines.

"Those are real?" Caleb wasn't sure if he should be freaked out or ...

Freaked out.

"Can I touch it?"

"Sure."

Hesitantly, Caleb brought his index finger to Minho's mouth and touched his canine. And sure enough, it felt real.

He shook his head. "No ..."

"That's why I have nothing to worry about. I can't get sick or catch diseases. That's also why I don't sleep a lot."

"That's how you can tell when I enter the room even when I'm quiet ..." Caleb spoke quietly, in disbelief.

Minho nodded. "My sexual appetite is high. Very high. And while my appetite for blood is also high, it's not that high. I can go for a month without a drop of blood. My sexual appetite is the real issue."

Caleb felt like he was having an epiphany (stream Epiphany on Spotify). And to be honest, he was.

Now everything made sense.

Minho's constant going out. The sunglasses he wore whenever they went outside. His lack of open-mouthed smiles. The lust-filled looks he'd receive sometimes.

It ALL made sense.

"I have to make you my human if you want me to have sex with you and only you."