Part 6

During dinner Kunal was chit chatting as usual with Adi playing together. Mehak kept her head down, looking at the food. Shaurya once in a while keep his gaze on her as he talks to Anu. Anu's mother in law asked beta are you married and have family? Mehak's breath stopped a moment while Shaurya looked at Mehak and said, yes aunty I am married, Anu asked why didn't you bring your wife come along , next time you should bring your wife together, he nodded. Mehak quickly gets up and goes to kitchen saying she will prepare milk for all and she wants to sleep. Anu asked her to go and rest, Mehak with her head still facing the ground, Mehak walked quickly to her room, Shaurya was still glaring at her. Kunal wish her good night Pikachu yes good night Pikachu didi Adi joined him too. She shut the door and run inside the bathroom she own the tap and she cried she let out the tears she have been bravely been holding the past hour. She leaned on the wall and her knees becomes shaky and she kneel down on the floor and cried. She mumbled why did You send him here, why? I don't want to be burden to all and yet he is here, he will definitely will not let me be here, why? First you take my parents from me, then I left all so they can be happy, You think that I can't live a peaceful life right? You want me to keep running from all corner right? If you can't let me to live than take my life away from this torture I have to go through, I had enough. She cried and realized she is soaked wet under the water and changed her clothes and lie down on the bed. Sleep in very far away but all her memory haunted back in her mind.

Next morning Mehak was up early as she didn't sleep at all, Anu saw her face is all red and swollen asked her if she okay, Mehak smiled and said I am okay just like that and having headache. Anu ask her to rest at home one day she will inform Sheela aunty but Mehak declined that she is okay if she drink kada she will be fine. Anu caressed her head and said, let go the past Meera the more you think about it the more present life and future you are holding them off. Let go the past and move on. Mehak didn't reply but just smiled a little and moved on with making other things at kitchen and leave home to the café.

She reached café earlier than usual. As she was tying her apron and cleaning the eating area, Kailash bhaiya who saw her early surprised. Asked Arey Meera you are so early today, what happened today? He proceeded to the kitchen Mehak arrange the chairs and wipes the tables. Later chottu came he helped her as she goes to kitchen to prepare the food. She asked Kailash bhaiya what to cook and he said about Rajma Chawal, and few other items. She took down the list and wrote on the board outside the shop. She started to help Kailash bhaiya to prepare the ingredient and started to cook. As she done with the gravy, she moved to prepare the rice and helped Kailash bhaiya to prepare the dough for the rotis. He knead the dough and ask her to check on the vegetables is all enough or not, or else they need to call the supplier to send more groceries. She nodded and went to check the groceries and make some notes. As lunch time comes and chottu asked her to help her to take order, Mehak move to eating area as customers coming in she took orders. She need to keep herself busy as she don't want any unwanted thought to come in and spoil her day. She saw someone with hoodie there and approach that table to take order as well. In her thoughts she was assuming its Kunal but she didn't know who that is was actually. She goes there and asked Ji what you would like to order, we have Rajma Chawal, Chole Kulche and Roti with vegetable gravy. What would you like to order? That figure didn't reply nor response. She became restless and gritted her teeth and asked Kunal Ji this is my working place please don't do anything funny and embarrass me, please let me know your order I need to work. That figure remove the hood and she almost stumbled to see it was Shaurya. Her breath hitched as she try to think what is in front of her. He stared at her intently but it was broke when Kailash bhaiya called her from kitchen, Meera where are you, get the order and come to the kitchen quickly. She didn't take his order but he replied her Rajma chawal. She rushed to the kitchen and breathe heavily as she can't believe he came to her work place too. Millions of questions and puzzles running in her mind but Kailash bhaiya voice and he hit the wok with a metal spatula awakens her up, she looked at him blurry, he asked her what are you dreaming quickly start to prepare and we need to serve the customer quickly. She nodded and started to plate the food and started to pass to chottu to bring to the respective customers. Chottu was busy running back and forth from kitchen and Mehak without much choice bring the food to Shaurya and leave on his table. She swiftly move away from there to the kitchen and takes a deep breath as he watches her.