Part 35

Part 35 20th  May 2019

Shaurya's POV

I didn't realize when I slept and when open my eyes it's almost to 10am. I quickly rushed to the bathroom to take a quick shower and rushed to the hospital. When I reached the hospital I saw Sonal and Vicky was outside her room. They told me Mehak woke up and doctor is checking her that's why they waiting outside. The doctor came out and I asked her how is she, Dr Kaur pulled me aside and told me, that she is still in the state of shocked of the event and she have advised police officers not to disturb her till she fully recovered for taking her statement. They have removed the cervical collar from the neck and she can talk a little. Is better to talk to her slowly and asked her what happen instead forcing her to talk out.

I went inside the room and Sonal was sitting next to her. She tried to make some conversation with Mehak but all she gets was only her blank emotionless face or gentle nods. Usually when Sonal and Vicky together, Mehak is the loudest her laughing sound will fill up the air around the space but today it was completely different. Her condition shatters my heart into million pieces.

It was almost night and I asked Sonal to go back and rest. I asked Vicky to see what to do at the hotel and my other business sites as I will not involve in anything till Mehak gets well. He promised to take care of everything and both left from there. I walked a bit in the corridor to relax my sore muscles. I went inside Mehak's room she is sleeping I sat beside her taking her hand in mine kissing it gently not want to awake her from sleep. The blue black marks on her neck has reduced, except for some scratch and bruises is still visible. I remembered what the doctor said, is not good to force her to talk much about the incident. Sonal told me before leaving, she is very quiet since she gain conscious only answering by her eyelid movements. When the food comes she refuse to eat too, Sonal tried to feed her but she did the same. Only when an elderly nurse came in, she manage to take some spoons of the soup. Suddenly I heard a noise like a taking deep breath and I looked at Mehak who is still eyes closed but she started mumble something, her hands moves in the air as if putting up a fight . I quickly went closer to her trying to hold her hands, she started to cry and I heard her saying please let me go, she couldn't breathe normally and this scares me, I immediately pressed the button for help. I hold both her hands so she don't harm herself , some standby nurses and doctors rushed in and the nurse asked me to stay back as one of the doctor ask the nurses to hold Mehak's hands and he quickly injected her with sedition. She calm down a bit but her tears didn't stop immediately. Unknowingly my eyes welled seeing her and the doctor approached me explained that she had a panic attack its normal after such incident happens patient will be having flashes of the incident once in a while during their sleep or even when they are awake. He patted on my shoulder and leave from the room. I walked slowly to her and I wiped the tears away from her cheek. Her lips still tremble in fear. The nurse adjusted her IV and said, it must be very painful and scary moment for her that she can't sleep too. I didn't react as my heart crushed seeing her condition. She left the room after asking me to call her if any help needed. I sat down carefully after caressing her head and bend to peck her forehead. I wonder how long does Mehak needs to fully recover from the trauma she suffers now.

After two weeks, Mehak has fully recovered from the physical wounds including the ankle injury but the past two weeks she didn't speak even a single word not to me or even to Sonal and Vicky. This worries me very much. Even when Dr Kaur tries to talk to her, she turns away. Most of the time she looks at the window from her room. Her face always void of expression. Sonal tries to talk to her but even to her she didn't say anything except being silent all the time.

As usual Sonal came in the morning and asked Shaurya to go and rest and comeback. He didn't even had time to shave or trim his beard as he always rush back to the hotel to accompany Mehak in the hospital. Sonal was trying to cheer up Mehak by showing some of their musically videos they did before. But she did nothing only Sonal continues talking.