Part 15

Mehak didn't want to turn and look at the source of the voice. He walked passed her as he greeted everyone with hands folded Namaste and he touched all their elderly's feet. What time you came home Shaurya, didn't see you for few weeks and last night you came at late night Awara told me you are home. He looked Karuna maa and said just some work maa and I am home, Kanta chachi interrupted Shaurya you didn't tell Karuna Ji about Mehak's return is it? Shaurya look at Kanta chachi as his eyes also looked at Mehak who was looking at the ground. He just replied chachi I wanted to tell her in the morning but you guys are here before me that's why since you came and inform is also good. Karuna maa asked Awara and Dolly where you are two? Awara came from the kitchen and Dolly maasi takes her sweet time to come to main hall. Karuna maa asked Dolly where have you been, I am calling you since earlier why you are not coming she reluctantly greeted all and looked at Mehak, Mehak went to touch her feet she was not happy but she just made a face and blessed her halfheartedly. Mehak can see she is annoyed with her but she kept herself calm.

Karuna maa asked Awara and Dolly to prepare grand lunch as Mehak is back home and from now onwards is only celebration and happiness in the house , She don't want anything lesser than that both went to kitchen and started with the preparation. Kanta chachi interrupted saying all these are not necessary as we all are family why need to do feast and all, Karuna maa just told her I feel like the family is completed after Mehak return home, I was praying to Matarani to see the house happy complete with all of us around here Kanta Ji please agree. Kanta chachi agreed.

The ladies gathered chit chatting at one side, Nehal and Sonal with Mohit made jokes with Shaurya and laughing with him. Mehak was sitting uncomfortably at the hall with ladies while the men sat at another living room watching cricket match in the Khanna' huge home theater system. Kanta chachi saw the uneasiness in Mehak's face and quickly went to her and asked her Mehak lets go to kitchen and help Dolly maasi if she needs any help. She gets up and followed her to the kitchen. At kitchen Dolly maasi instructing Awara to cut and that vegetables and to prepare something for the feast. Kanta chachi asked is there anything can help and Dolly maasi said it's okay she can handle but Kanta chachi said since we are few ladies are here so it will be better that she will help together. Dolly maasi agreed and give her way to help in the meal preparations. Kanta chachi asked Mehak to prepare some kheer and she gathered the ingredients with the help of Awara. She started to boil the milk and add sugar with others and stir them in low flame. Shaurya who was busy with the Sharma's notice Mehak was not there and went to kitchen he saw her checking the flavor of the kheer, he smiled and admire her. Kanta chachi saw him and went to his side, she whispered are you going to stand like this and watch her all day long it's your wife I don't need to tell you anything. Shaurya was surprised hearing chachi's suggestion and looked at her in confusion. Chachi stressed again do something, don't look at me like this. Shaurya quickly cleared his throat and Awara with Mehak turned to look at him. Shaurya asked Awara to set the dining table and he will help her in the kitchen. Chachi also said yes I will help to set the dining table she went with Awara. At kitchen Mehak ignored him as he stands next to her just few mm distance. She moved away from him and started to cut cucumber for Raitha. He followed her there and cleared his voice again to grab her attention. Mehak why are you not seeing me or giving me any reaction. She ignored him but he keep calling her. She looked at him with a stern look and knife pointing at him what you want to know now, you said you came here to help in the kitchen right then help cut this cucumber she pass the knife to him and move from the cutting board. He took the knife and started to cut the cucumber. She found a bowl to mix the Raitha. She add the salt and yogurt in it and tasted them. He went near her and she looked at him why is he coming to her. She moved back and end up hitting at the kitchen counter. Her eyelid fluttered at him he leaned closer to her and slowly with his thumb he traced along her lower lip and she stands there like a statue not able to say anything with his sudden move. He bring his thumb towards his lip and suck it with a loud noise. Mehak perplexed seeing his action she quickly bring her duppatta to her lips and wipe her lips shakily. He looked at her intently when Dolly maasi interrupted lalla what you doing? He turned to look at her and replied I came to help Mehak at kitchen so we did the Raitha. Mehak move away from him and she took the Raitha bowl and look down and walk pass Dolly maasi to the dining table as she wipes her lips. Shaurya went after her. Dolly maasi slapping her forehead and saying these two have no shame kissing at kitchen and what type of bahu is this no shame at all she was self-talking. As all the food finished arranged on the dining table Kanta chachi gets all to the dining table. All taken their seat and Mehak started to help to serve along with Awara. Karuna maa asked Mehak to sit along with all and was about to sit next to Nehal but Mohit quickly came and sit there and said di you sit here as he moved from a sit next to Shaurya. Mansi chachi and PD asked her to sit next to Shaurya she left with no choice but to sit next to him, she went to sit there. Mehak quietly had her food in between Shaurya's huge arm once in a while nudging at Mehak she move a bit avoiding him. He didn't wants to annoy her and wants to behave properly. As all done lunch Kanta chachi asked Mehak to bring the kheer, Mehak nodded and headed to the kitchen to get the kheer, she pour into the dessert bowls and arrange them into the tray and came serving all. AS she was serving Shaurya a voice screaming and coming from back calling bhabhi... she turned to look it was Vicky. He immediately came and hugged her Mehak bhabhi I miss you so much. Mehak was shocked as he suddenly hugged her and she tried to free herself from his hug, Shaurya was getting mad seeing Vicky hugging Mehak and holds Vicky's shoulder and Vicky immediately let go of her, Shaurya asked him in his sarcastic tone, you also didn't see me for few weeks don't you miss me my little brother come let me hug you, Shaurya offered to hug and Vicky hugged him. Shaurya whispered quietly eat and don't talk unnecessarily or else you will know what will happen he warned him. Vicky was terrified with his threat and said I will eat later, but Mehak insist that he should eat and made him to sit next to Shaurya and she started to serve him food. Shaurya was annoyed and cursing under his breath I don't know when I could spend my time with my wife as usual some disturbance will come from nowhere.