Part 44

Part 44 18/07/2019

The preparation for Diya and Ruben's wedding was going on swift. Ruben suggested the wedding take place in his small village Domburg which is beach village located 2hrs from Amsterdam city. His parents always wanted his wedding in the village church which is located facing the beach. Domburg is the oldest seaside city. In summer the town is bustling but pleasant. With its old buildings, it has a picturesque appeal. The wide and clean beaches of Domburg that attract the crowds. There are beach pavilions and cabins everywhere. The warm sand along the beach is lovely to fly kites and just for a relaxing stroll. The town center lies cozily against the dunes. In addition to modern facilities, there are a lot of cultural history from the 20th century as it's known as inspiration town for many well-known artist. Domburg is located on the edge of nature reserve 'de Manteling'. This is a unique forest sidling up to the dunes, is a house of huge diversity of plant and animal species.

Mehak and Shaurya accompanied Diya and Janhvi's shopping trips as Diya requested them to help her as she have no clue on all these stuffs. They went to buy try on some simple gowns for the church wedding and Diya does not a fancy them. She wants something simple and not expensive though. Earlier they only wanted a court wedding but Janhvi insist to see her mom in the gowns like in the fairytale and they agreed to her. While in one of the boutique selecting a simple gown, the boutique assistant came to Mehak and asked her to follow her as she have something for her. Mehak told her she is not getting married its Diya and she don't want to try anything but Diya and Janhvi asked her to go on and try it as she is just waiting for her to select the dress. Shaurya asked them to go ahead and he went out of the boutique for a walk. Mehak agreed to the store assistant and went into the fitting room to try a simple dress. After almost 20 minutes, Mehak slowly came out as the shop assistant gently holding on her right hand with a simple veil and floral headband. There was no makeup needed as her natural blush hue added to her beauty. She shine from within and Diya aww at her look and Janhvi came running to her telling how beautiful she look and asked her to twirl her gown like how the princesses does in the movie.

Shaurya's POV

I was with Mehak and Diya to do their wedding shopping. I wouldn't want to go but this is a new place and I wouldn't want Mehak to go alone with anyone so I am accompanying them to each stores for a dress. Since its very last minute decided either there is no much choices or sizes are issues for finding the suitable dress. But I saw Mehak is much more excited than Diya herself. I was out walking pass some of the shops here while the ladies picking the dress as by today they need to settle the dress, something catch my eyes from the glass window. I walked inside to see an antique piece of amethyst rose gold cocktail ring. It looks graceful and lustrous not to mention like an heirloom quality. It has a vintage inspired kind of look though it's a simple design. Earlier I have given a designer diamond ring to Mehak unfortunately it went missing during the Jaipur incident. I didn't bother to ask them to check on it as it doesn't matter to me as my Mehak is safe that's all it matter to me. I quickly look into the intricate cuts on the amethyst stone and the shopkeeper came to me. It was an old lady in her 60's. Luckily she can converse in English. She explained about the detail work on the ring.

Shopkeeper: I see that you are very selective on the jewelry piece young man.

Shaurya: Why do you say so?

Shopkeeper: Many like to get diamond rings as a gift for their dear ones. But amethyst always went unnoticed. But you came in directly looking at that specific piece of jewelry.

Shaurya: Yes it's very unique and I want to give it to someone special in my life, well she is my life indeed. (Letting out satisfied laughter)

Shopkeeper: Well in that case I can give you a very good discount for this.