Part 16

It was morning Sonal showered and was in front of dresser getting ready and she notice Mehak is still in deep sleep. She went near her, and called her Mehak wakeup it's already morning and you are still sleeping like this at your in laws place. Mehak pulled the duvet high to her head and mumbled let me sleep a while Sonal. Sonal keep mumbling okay you sleep like this but don't forget your mother in law needs you, you are her caretaker now. Hearing this Mehak pushed the duvet and looked at Sonal and ask her what time it is, Sonal replied it's almost 8am. Mehak runs to the bathroom to freshen up. In the meantime Sonal was already in the kitchen and Mehak gets downstairs and she asked Sonal and Awara. Is maa already wakeup and Awara said Dolly madam went to her room, Mehak quickly goes to Karuna maa room. The door was open and she greeted good morning maa and went near her. Karuna maa greeted her back and asked did you slept well beta. Mehak kneel down next to her wheel chair pulled her both earlobes sorry maa I can't sleep last night and by the time i closed my eyes and it was soon became morning please tomorrow onwards I will be early and do everything for you. Now time for breakfast and we will stroll in the garden okay? Dolly maasi looking at her and said. You are good in sweet talking like this, yesterday you talked in the same manner when lalla wants to hire a temporary care taker but today you woke up late. Karuna maa stopped Dolly and said Dolly she did told right she slept late as its new place for her and she can't adjust that's why she was late don't always say something. Now come let's go and have breakfast. Mehak pushed the wheelchair out of the room and headed to the dining table. She adjusted Karuna maa at the dining table and Dolly maasi was about to head to kitchen and she asked maasi you please wait here I will go and check. Dolly maasi sat down with Karuna maa. Mehak at kitchen helped Sonal and Awara to taste some food and added more flavors came to serve on the table. As she was serving food for Karuna maa and Dolly maasi Shaurya came to join them for breakfast he greeted Karuna maa and Dolly maasi. Maasi asked lalla you will usually wake up early and do jogging and all what happen today you woke up late. He replied nothing maasi some usual stuff I was thinking about some things and slept late and woke up late too. Sonal sat down and Mehak sat next to Karuna maa and started to feed her. Shaurya once in a while steal a glance at Mehak how she was caring and both his important ladies are sharing quiet a moment as Mehak patiently feeds maa. Vicky came breaking the silence greeting all good morning everyone. Shaurya looked at him he sat next to Sonal. Sonal served him the breakfast and he asked Mehak bhabhi did you made the breakfast today. Mehak smiled a little and said sorry today I woke up late so didn't made the breakfast tomorrow I will up early to make the breakfast. Today Sonal and Awara made them. Shaurya asked Vicky , the Jaipur project is it completed, Vicky replied as he eats his food, all done bhaiya, renovation and final touch ups are done, inspections will be done so once they approved we can do opening next month bhaiya. Shaurya gets up and wipes his mouth with the napkin and tell Vicky get everything done soon, investors already asking the status of this project once the opening done they will get the confident to invest more in Khanna empire. He looked at Sonal are you going to work today Sonal? Sonal looked at him yes Shaurya leaving I will take auto and go. He said get ready I will drop you as well. Sonal finished her meal and gets up to get ready , Shaurya comes passing Mehak and bend to Karuna maa and pecked her saying maa take care I will see you in the evening as he straighten himself his cheek brushed Mehak's hair and she didn't move as Shaurya's cologne smell hits her nostrils. He gets up and smiled a little and said bye maasi bye maa and he left to the car. Mehak told maa, maa please wait for a while I will be back, she rush to the kitchen to pack some tiffin for Sonal. Sonal was leaving and Mehak called her to stop her, Sonal comes back to the door while Shaurya looked at both from the car. Mehak passed her the tiffin box to Sonal and Sonal before leaves peck on Mehak's cheek and naughtily said take care jaan see you in the evening blowing another flying kiss to her , Mehak's jaw dropped and her cheek color rose she pouted at her. Shaurya droves off from the Khanna Mansion. He asked Sonal how is she? Sonal replied she is okay yesterday I told her about how things was the past one year, Shaurya looked which is? How you helped us and Mohit for a work and continue studies and Nehal and everything. Shaurya was annoyed and said Sonal why did you told her about these, I don't want her to feel love for me out of pity or debt for my deeds. I did l these as it's my responsibility. I did all because of you all are my family. Sonal quickly apologized sorry Shaurya I told her about this so she can change the opinion she has on you. So at least it will create soft corner for you that's why. All of us wants to see both you happy like used to be. Shaurya calm down and told her I know Sonal but it will take time, she is very hurt and she is no longer the same Mehak who used to be around us. I have caused her so much pain and regrets in her which will take time to heal. When I met her at Manali she was in pain which can be seen from her eyes. I want to take away all those pain from her and slowly gain her trust and her love. For that I rather wait then we rush for it to happen. Sonal was taken aback with his decision, she nodded gently as he drops her at the restaurant. Shaurya's car pull off from there. Sonal sent a silent prayer Matarani make things fine with these two love birds and bring happiness in them.