Part 38

Part 38 10/06/2019

Shaurya's POV

It was really exhausting travelling for almost 24hrs plus. Though I manage to get some sleep in the flight but whenever flight had turbulence Mehak got startled and I calmed her down till it was fine. We landed Schiphol airport and took a cab to our rented home. I messaged the landlord once we get into the cab that we are on the way. Mehak was busy looking out from the cab. It's obvious from her facial expression she is having culture shock seeing the new people and this environment. We reached the address Mrs Janssen give and she welcomed us warmly. Once she showed around the house and left the place. I took the bags and guided Mehak to upstairs. I showed her the room and placed her bags there and asked her to change her clothes and rest a bit. She nodded and I closed the door and walked to my room. I plopped on the bed after leaving the luggages at the corner. I squeezed my forehead with my fingers and slowly massaged my nape and turn right and left to relief from the tensed muscle. After changing to something comfortable and I slip under the bed sheet.

Almost two weeks went by for Shaurya and Mehak. She hardly says a word to him. Shaurya prepares all the meal by himself as its quiet hard to find vegetarian meals outside. During night time, Shaurya always has to rush to her room as Mehak will start to kick and throw her hands out in the air as her eyes closed in a cold sweat. Her sharp shrieks as she mumbles please let me go, please. He calms down her by saying soothing words and wait till she relax and goes back to her sleep. He caress her head gently like a mother caress her child. Once she goes to deep sleep he will plant a kiss on her forehead and goes back to his room. There are times he will be so tired to walk back to his room he will fell asleep in the couch in Mehak's room. He will go back to his room at early morning before Mehak wakes up. He called Dr Kaur to ask about Mehak's nightmare and Dr Kaur explained its normal for PTSD survivor to have nightmares as they will have recurrent flashes of the incident and someone must be present with them at night to calm them and assure them they are safe. He understand that Mehak needs time to recover and he will do everything and anything for her. Mehak most of the time will sit near the window aisle and look outside. There are times Shaurya find her crying silently while watching the rain she traces the rain drops on the windows in the pattern it runs. He knows she is not alright completely but he can't see her in that state, he cleared his throat to gain her attention, she quickly wiped her tears away and kept her face stoic as usual. Shaurya walked in with two cups in his hands, he forwarded one to Mehak and she reluctantly took it from him and sip it slowly.

Shaurya: So tomorrow can we go for sightseeing? It's been almost two weeks we are here. We just went to do our grocery shopping and walked around the nearest park.

Mehak stayed quite as she drink her hot chocolate. Looking at her silence Shaurya wanted to leave the room when Mehak said okay, he asked her to rest well and tomorrow they will go out for sightseeing. The next morning they headed to Zaanse Schans Volendam and Marken. The joined the tour for full day discover and admire authentic windmill tour then headed to cheese factory to sample local dairy products and later proceeded to the wooden clogs factory. They joined the scenic drive by the bus through the Dutch picturesque countryside. Later Shaurya bring her to ferry cruise and also visit the fishing village. Shaurya can see that Mehak seems to be relax a bit when they visiting all these places. He kept his contentment in him and followed her as she walked freely. She look cute with her jeans and tops. They sat down in a park bench and she looked around at the people who are busy them self with playing with their kids, some couple sat together enjoying each other's company others walking with their fur kids. Seeing so many puppies playing at the park, Mehak gets up from the bench walks towards them. She asked permission from the owners before patting them. Soon she started to play with them. Some of the dogs' sizes were so huge like a wolf in the forest. After such a long time Shaurya sees a small smile sprout Mehak's face. She spent time with the dogs for some time till some of the owners started to leave from there. Shaurya walked to her and saw her waving at the dogs as they wiggle their tails following their owners back home. Shaurya called her and Mehak turned to look at him he asked her shall we go and she nodded as she tuck her hair behind her ears.