Part 40

Part 40 27/06/2019

Shaurya's POV

I am taken aback with Mehak's mood change since we return from Keukenhof Park. She is so energetic like a child and I must say the place has actually lifted her mood and she was so curious to walk around to see all the flowers etc. before we leave. After we returned from the park I am exhausted and now need to prepare dinner still. I was checking the fridge what to prepare that's when I heard Mehak asked whtr she can cook and her question immediately made me stand straight to see her, I want to know whtr she said that or whtr I was hallucinating. It was indeed herself ask me this and she walked into the kitchen asking me where is all the ingredients and I pointed the cabinet and she started to get into work mode. I was still in a state where cannot believe if this is real or not. But she asked me again am I going to be there to ogle at her or help her, my chuckle came out without realizing and I came to help her to knead the flour as she cut the vegetables. Soon she ask me to go and complete my work and I went to my room. I feel contented as she wants to do something and cooking is her favorite ones. I need to share this happiness with someone and immediately got my phone in hand and scroll down as I see who to call and I decided to call Dr Kaur. It will be early morning there but I still dialed her number and after some time she answered my call. I greeted her and told her about how Mehak was today and now she wants to cook dinner too. Dr Kaur said it's a good change in her and it's a good news indeed. She asked me to continue to motivate her and see how Mehak progress slowly. I thanked her and hang up. I came downstairs and savor the food she prepared for me. It's a simple meal but to me it's tasted heavenly as prepared by my love. I started to have faith that she is going to be alright very soon and that made my appetite large and I didn't mind having more rotis. These few days we can't meet with Diya and Janhvi as Diya is travelling due to her work so is just Mehak and me checking out these places to keep as occupied. I planned for two days trip to Bruges. It was almost 3hrs by train from Central Amsterdam. We saw country sides and beautiful hills on our trip. It is absolutely scenic view. I saw Mehak's face lit up from the moment we boarded the train and she seems to be relaxed too. Once we reached the city we walked to the nearby bed and breakfast place for our lodging. We kept our things inside the room and decided to walk around the town.

Mehak's POV

The entire city filled with historical monuments and beautiful looking churches and buildings. The first place we went was The Belfry it's a 83 meter high building which was built in 13th century it's also UNESCO world heritage site which needs us to climb 366 steps in order to reach the top to view the entire city. I was so unfit and panting midway climbing the stairs and Shaurya seems to be fit though, he was steady as he climb the stairs up. We saw the carillon and its 47 bells. He chuckled at me and pointed to me to a child which is around 7-8years old climbing the stairs even faster than me which made me not so happy I pouted at him and continue to walk up in a slow and steady manner to the top of the tower. After reaching the top I was amazed to see the dazzling and breathtaking view over the entire city of Bruges and its surroundings. After see the site we walked down slowly and we reached the bottom of the tower at no time. We went for lunch at the nearby café and Shaurya showed in his mobile some places to see and he asked me which one I want to go. I am not a fan of museums so I chose the Canal boat tour. As Bruges knows as Venice of the North so it's a must for tourist to hop in the boat ride and floating around the expansive network of canals. It feels as if in fairytale I read during my childhood. Very Disneyfied indeed with overhanging willow trees, lush little gardens just above the waterline and old bridges crossing the water gives the impression of being in a fairytale. Floating on the canals provides an entirely different view of the city's historic center, bringing up close to some of the town's most incredible sites that would otherwise go unnoticed. It was almost evening when we finished our canal tour. We walked a bit and saw a stall selling snack by the roadside. It was famous Waffle stall selling hot waffle with Belgium chocolate topped with ice creams and other toppings. Looking at the passersby from the stall holding the delightful snack I smiled like a child who is excited to see the favorite snack. Seeing the smile on my face Shaurya said come let's get one for us too and we waited in the queue and picked the waffle and the toppings not to forget to drench it with more chocolates on top. We sat on the nearest table and started to dig in the appealing dessert. I started to lick my fingers not bothered about my surroundings and I notice Shaurya's eyes were fixed on me. I continue to eat the Belgium waffle and I asked not meeting his eyes, why are you looking at me like that, he turned his gaze away and put in another piece waffle into his mouth as he replied I just wonder whtr you are really 23years old or 5 years old. Why I asked quickly? The way you are eating this waffle with licking your fingers not bothering about people surrounding us just made me to think you are a 5years old girl in a 23years old lady's body, he chuckled as he said that. Acha, I quickly pulled the waffle plate to me and started to eat them as I replied him well this 5 years old doesn't feel like sharing this with you anymore besides that you like healthy snacks only so don't bother about this fattening and sweet stuff I can handle alone. I heard his chortle as he wiped his hands with tissues and I started to enjoy the waffle all by myself. He called me after sometime and I lift my head up to see him when he snap a picture of mine and snorted at me. I wonder why and asked him why is he laughing at me like that and he show his mobile and my jaw dropped seeing my picture with chocolate spreads across my mouth and I am in total mess. Can't believe that I have been gobbling like that and no wonder he calls me a 5 years old child. Gosh. I wiped my mouth with the tissues and it took some time for me to get over the mess but his annoying laughter is too much for me to handle. I swap my index finger with the leftover chocolate and rubbed it on his sharp nose tip which made him to silent immediately. He was surprised and didn't blink as he looked at me. Now it's my turn to be shocked as I don't know whtr my action made him angry or what as I see a different set of emotion from his eyes. My hand was still near to his face and I thought of wiping it off before he gets infuriated but he grabbed my wrist and bring my finger to his lips and slowly enter into his mouth as he suck my finger slowly and I can feel his tongue around my finger and I felt a slight tingle in me as he remove that finger out of his mouth and he took a tissue to wipe my finger before letting go of my wrist. My face burnt in warm feeling as I lower my gaze and saw him wiping his nose and I told him there is still a bit of chocolate on the bridge of his nose, he wiped them off as his eyes were still on me. I don't know why I am feeling so shy just then he asked me to lets go and I followed quietly. We return back to our room and is a small compact spaced bedroom and the owner of the place greeted us and we nodded to reply and walked to our room. I went to fresh up first then Shaurya fresh up later and we doze off once we rested on the pillow.