Part 34

Part 34 13/05/2019

Shaurya's POV

I am waiting here anxiously to know what her condition is like, I am solely responsible for her situation too. I neglected her and now she landed here. I saw Sonal and Vicky sitting far seats and slept off. An old man came to me, he had a bandage on his head and Constable Raj Kumar with him too.

Constable Raj: Mr Khanna, this is the man who saved your wife earlier, he wants to see you before he goes off.

I stood up before him and both my palms joined together to thank him as some tears made its way down. He hold my hands and said don't worry sir your wife will be fine.

Constable Raj: Mr Khanna during the incident, he was doing his routine inspection floor by floor, earlier he saw your wife coming out of the lift going towards the penthouse so he proceeded to check other floors as usual but when he came back to the same floor he heard some sound and immediately went to inspect and found your wife, he hit the assailant with the baton stick he was unconscious for some time and he alerted for help but assailant hit his head and escape from there.

Shaurya: Sir, no matter how much I say thank you to you it is not sufficient for what you have done for me today. God has sent you there to save my wife, if you were not there I cannot imagine what would have happened to her and I will be shattered too.

Guard uncle: Sir you don't need to thank me, it was my duty to ensure safety and I am happy that I managed to stop from whatever bad from happening. I am happy nothing serious happens to your wife, but she was badly injured when I found her.

Shaurya: Thank you so much for everything sir. This is my name card, in case you want any help, or anything please don't hesitate to contact me, I will be most happy to help you sir.

Guard uncle: its okay sir just take care of your wife, my family and I will pray for her speedy recovery.

He left from there and I sat down as my fingers massaged my forehead. Just then I saw a nurse pass by me, I quickly get up and walked to her to stop her.

Shaurya: Sister, how's my wife, is the blood transfusion done? Can I see her?

Nurse: Sir, they just completed the blood transfusion and the surgery on her ankle. We will be moving her to the HDU (High Dependency Unit) you can see her for a while, please wait.

Shaurya: Thank you sister.

While waiting for the sister to let him to see Mehak he stands near the door anxiously walking back and forth till his head turn when he heard the door opens he rush there immediately and the nurse asked him to follow her. After passing few doors, they reached the ward where Mehak was placed and the nurse asked him to go in. He nodded to her as he walked into the room.

Shaurya's POV

Finally I am in the ward to see Mehak, the ward was so cold and I heard machine's beeping sound as I walked pass few patients who are sleeping till I saw Mehak. Many tubes run around her with machine beeps. I dragged myself towards her as I reached the bedframe, I slowly bend myself to her not to awake her as she was in deep sleep. The bruises on her was visible with dark purple on her cheeks, cervical collar on her neck and one of the leg was placed with a cast and many patches on her arms. It was painful to see her like this. The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child. My walls, the walls that hold me up, make me strong just... collapse my eyes drip with tears. Moment by moment, they fall. Salty drops fall from my chin, drenching my shirt. I slowly caressed her head as don't want to cause any pain or discomfort to her just few drops of my tears fall on her which I quickly wipe them off. My knees give up on me and I sat on the stool beside the bed. I hold on to her fingers gently placing them to my lips. I planted few gentle kisses on her fingers and placed her cold fingers on my cheeks to caress them along my beard. I kissed slowly at her wrist where the mark was visible where she was tied up. I called her name slowly few times but she didn't move. I hold her palm securely with my both hands as if not letting her go. I sobbed unceasingly in her palm. I muffled into her palm. All I could do was cry and apologize to her for being an idiot and useless husband. I have failed as a husband as a son and as a man to protect her. I asked her to open her eyes and just say anything, she can hate me or she can beat me up but just not leave me. I slowly caressed her forehead as pouring my heart out to her. She is a piece of me which I can't afford to lose it at any cost. There is no Shaurya without Mehak. I sniffled through my crying as I keep talking to her. If can I want to reverse back the time , the time where she entered the party room and we both danced happily and she wants to talk to me something. I want to listen what she wants to tell me. Please wake up and talk to me.