Part 36

Part 36 27 th May 2019

Sonal was standing far near to the window, officers sat down on near to the sofa and Dr Kaur was near to the bed. Mehak and I was sitting on the couch in the room. She was quite for some time and Officer Srikanth signed at her as he shows that he is recording the conversation and asked Mehak to talk. She slowly started.

Mehak's POV

The horrible voice keep echoing in me and to get away from the sound I ran inside the bathroom and locking myself and my fist banged on the wall with all the force I have in me. I wailed out till I can feel my bones and muscles ripped through me. Suddenly I felt myself disgusted as I can imagine that horrible man touching all over me, I scrubbed myself off as I turned on the shower letting the "dirt" on me to go away. I scratched myself so hard till some skin on my delicate skin peel off. The cold water runs and I cried together as I slumped on the bathroom floor. I didn't know how long I was in that position till a loud bang which break the door open and I saw Shaurya turned off the shower and carried me inside the room. Sonal and few nurses helped me to change to clean clothes and Sonal keep muffling her cry and asking me why I am behaving in such way have I gone mad or what? I didn't bother to response to her as the turmoil in me has not subsided. I winced when the nurse wipe the fresh wounds I made on myself unknowingly. I didn't know what I was doing till I realize it just now. That beast has made me disgusting thing that no one will ever love again. Shaurya rushed inside the room and he quickly enveloped me into a hug. Though I want to push him away but I feel secured in his hands. He caressed me slowly murmuring some comfort words, I was too focused on the incident of that night and nothing went inside my brain except for some arguments between Dr Kaur and the officers. I decided to talk about the incident so I would not be harassed again. I went through a rough physical harassment and now these officers in the name of investigation asking me how I was harassed and asking me to describe it clearly which made my inner turmoil to rise again. That's when I said I will talk about it. I do not know after I speak about that catastrophic night Shaurya, Sonal and my family will be with me or not but I will talk.

Officer Srikanth: Mehak Khanna, tell us what happened at that night? From our earlier investigation, such as CCTV observation you and your husband didn't come to the party together? Your husband Mr Khanna mention that you are not well so you are not attending the party but did you suddenly decided to show up?

Mehak: Yes earlier I didn't want to go to the party but later Sonal and Vicky asked me to go and surprise Shaurya in the party so I went there.

Officer Srikanth: Then what happened after that?

Mehak: We danced and I wanted to talk to Shaurya something but he was busy with the other guests in the party. So I decided to wait for him to talk.

Officer Srikanth: Mehak Ji, the party room was on the 5th Floor and you were found at the 15th floor, did someone dragged you there or you went on your own?

Mehak stuttered as she answers.

Mehak: While I was waiting for Shaurya to be free I was standing at the corner suddenly a waiter came and pass me a note. It says, meet me at 15th Floor.

Officer Srikanth: Do you know the note is from who?

Mehak: It was initial as SK.

Officer Srikanth: So who is SK?

Mehak: its Shaurya Khanna, my husband's initial.

Shaurya: But I didn't send any notes that night.

Mehak quickly turned her neck to see him. She looked at him baffled.

Mehak: But it was written as SK, I thought it was you.

Shaurya: No Mehak, that night I wanted to annoy you, want you to wait longer for me so I make myself busy and talk to others but I didn't send any notes. When I look back after sometime you were gone, I assume that you were upset with me because I am ignoring you so you went back to hotel.