Part 39

Part 39 17/06/2019

The next morning as usual, Shaurya was busy with his laptop in his room while Mehak was watching TV. She started feeling bored sitting in one place and doing nothing. She looked at the time and the stairs for sign of Shaurya coming down or not and there was no sign that he is coming down anytime soon. She thought of going for a stroll around her area or maybe to the grocery store to get something. She turned off the TV and took the jacket from the coat hanger and opens the door and left the house without telling anything to Shaurya.

Mehak's POV

The weather was good today, not too cold, and not too warm and it's the light breeze made me feel good. As I walked pass some of the people here greeted me and I smiled as I reply them hello. People here are very helpful and humble. I reached the grocery store and as usual Mr Srinivasan greeted me and I walked inside. It was not crowded and I walk through the aisle for sometimes and later get the things I want and walk back to my house. On my way I found an old couple walking with their dogs. The dogs were white in color and had thick silky and smooth furs. The dogs' molten brown eyes and thick fur made me to cuddle them and caress them gently. I didn't realize the time as I busy playing with the four legged baby. I started to walk towards home. I unlock the door and was about to open the door when the door was opened from inside. I gasped to see Shaurya wearing his jacket and worry written all over his face. I walked inside and remove the jacket as he kept looking at me. I can hear him inhale a deep breath.

Shaurya: Where the heck you went? Do you know how worried I was?

Mehak: I just went for a walk because you were busy in your room and I went to the grocery store to get something.

Shaurya: You could have told me and go instead just vanish like that. How if anything happens to you or you got lost somewhere in this new town? This is not your Paranthe Wali Gali Mehak.

Mehak: I am already home now Shaurya, nothing happens, don't overreact by the way I am not a baby. Is just a grocery store down the lane and I know how to take care of myself.

Shaurya: Oh really? Next time if you want to go somewhere please let me know or put a note. I am just wondering how long you going to punish me giving me silent treatment as I see you talk to everyone around here except me. Do you know how difficult it is for me? Do you hate me that much Mehak?

Without saying anything Mehak runs to her room and locked her room door ignoring Shaurya.

Shaurya's POV

I was in the room after breakfast as Vicky sent me some important files which required my attention. I didn't realize the time as I was on conference call too. Once I am done with the calls I put my laptop away and gets up to stretch myself and looked out from my window. I looked at the time and its pass lunch hour, I quickly get out from my room and rush downstairs. It was unusually quiet. Mehak was watching TV earlier and I asked her to call me if she needs anything. So I walked down quietly and saw the TV was off and I thought she is sleeping on the couch. I saw the couch was empty and I walked to kitchen and later rush back to her room to see where she is. She was not there and panic rushed over me. This is new city and I don't know if she walked somewhere on her own or did something happen to her. My thoughts were running in all direction. Without wasting any time I rushed to get my jacket and I opened the door when I see her standing outside. She walked in without saying anything and I turned to look at her when she went to kitchen as she drink a glass of water. Her annoying behavior tick me off. I looked at her and asked where she went? I can see that she flinches at my rough tone. I can't control my temper and I let out whatever was on my mind. I understand she felt bored being at home doing nothing and she went for a stroll but she could have told me before leaving not just going out of the house without a word which made me worry to death. She just survived a horrible incident and now I bring her here so she can recover soon with a change of environment and if anything happens to her again I can't face her family or even myself. She left to her room after got annoyed with my tone and left me there standing at the living area.