Part 25

Part 25 04/03/2019

Mehak was coping slowly without Sonal around and she missed them a lot. After spending her time with Karuna maa she mostly will be playing with Naughty in the patio. She will throw a ball and he would run around to catch and bring it back to her. Later Sonal and Vicky was very busy managing for the opening at Jaipur hotel and she can hardly catch up with them.

Mehak was running after Naughty from her room to the stairs and as she goes down the stairs Shaurya was coming up. Naughty manage his way downstairs but Mehak caught in midway. She stopped and paste herself on the wall giving him way to go up. He stopped to look at her and she raised her eyebrows asking what, he replied her in the same manner by raising his eyebrows. Since he was not moving she decided to move downstairs but he deviously blocked her way and give her a lopsided grin. She lifted her eyes to see him and asked what? He looked at her and asked you seems to be so attached to Naughty these days. Don't hurt his feelings okay? She retorted at him, why would I hurt his feelings, he is innocent puppy and I care for him so much and he also like me a lot. Sometimes spending time with innocent animals like him is better than 6ft man. Shaurya in his exasperated tone said what did you say? Mehak folded her arm on her chest and said, yes you heard me saying that, dogs are better than human at least they know how to be nice , kind and faithful to their loved ones unlike human who often changes like weather. Now Shaurya can't be calm any longer. He knows how to infuriate her and now he need to play smart too. He replied okay then let's see about being loyal. Mehak rolled her eyes and said what you want?

He said let's call Naughty and see, when he comes he will come straight to who? Is it to you or to me? Mehak chuckled and said that's all, it's so easy and you don't need to even try about it. Shaurya asked her not to dream too much. He asked her to call him. Mehak called Naughty, and she repeated twice and thrice but there were no sound of him. She was puzzled where is he and why he is not here yet. Later Shaurya just whistled and he from nowhere he ran up the staircase with his little bark and encircle around Shaurya's leg. Shaurya smiled victoriously and Mehak mouth left open seeing it. Shaurya bend to carry him and patted his head

Shaurya in his arrogant tone said you see, even Naughty likes me because I am nice person. Just feeding him and carrying around playing with him is not he wants, he wants more than that, okay, after saying that Shaurya moved up the stairs with Naughty in his hand. Hearing this Mehak takes a deep breath like dragon breathes fire and crossed her arms on her chest and said ek dhum kameena. These two male creatures will never understand love, and others heart. After this I won't play with this Naughty, watch out, saying that she went downstairs. At the living area she saw Karuna maa and maasi having tea and maa asked her to sit with her. Mehak sat with maa and they were watching some TV show and she too finds the show was quiet interesting. It was some daily soap series and is about how two individuals despite all their difference their path crossed and now both are taking every hurdles to make their relationship works and they are madly in love with each other. After sometimes the show ended and Mehak asked maa and maasi what they want to have for dinner. After knowing their preference she headed to kitchen to prepare dinner.

At the kitchen Mehak busy preparing the dough for the roti and put it aside she dust off the excess flour from her hand and checked the fridge for the vegetables and other ingredients to make the gravy and other side dishes. From the kitchen window she saw Shaurya doing his evening sprint along with Naughty running back and forth to match up with his speed. As both runs together, Shaurya stops in between and plays with Naughty, he held something in his hand high and Naughty hop towards that but due to Shaurya's height he couldn't get it. She smiled seeing how Naughty barking at his leg and when Shaurya stops by to drink water he runs somewhere. Mehak shakes her head seeing these two and started her work at the kitchen. She complete doing the dinner and asked Awara to serve on the dining table. She later ask maa and maasi to have dinner and Shaurya came with Naughty dining table. Mehak was serving and Naughty was coming to her leg twirling. Mehak knows he is asking for food. She ignored him for a while and Shaurya sees her ignoring Naughty and he called Awara and he came asking what is it sir. Shaurya asked him to put some food in Naughty's bowl and Awara called him and Naughty went after him wiggling his tail. Mehak sit down next to maa and started to feed maa. Not even once she turned to look at Shaurya at the dining table. He helped himself with the side dishes and peep at Mehak and look at his food as he digging into his roti. Dinner was over and Mehak went to herbal garden to pluck some herbs to prepare maa's herbal concoction. She was busy sorting her herbs when she felt something at her leg, she quickly turned to see what that is and saw Naughty at her feet. She bend herself to him and looked at him tucking her hair strand behind her ears and asked what he wants now? He sat in front of her and looked at her. Mehak scrunched her nose and said, so where is your so called favorite person, you should go and play with him not me, now go leave me alone I am busy here. She steps up to continue to pluck the herbs. Seeing her ignoring him, Naughty follows her as he let out small barks but she just said go from here Naughty don't disturb me. He went behind her still and hold her duppatta end by his teeth and start pulling her to him. She started to yell Naughty leave me, don't pull me but that golden retriever don't understand human language. He tugged to her duppatta and she was holding the herbs basket in her right hand and her left hand was holding to her duppatta afraid that it will come off from her shoulder. Hearing her noise, Shaurya who was on the mobile at the garden, came there to see what is happening. He covered his mouth laugh silently as she struggle with Naughty. She was angry, annoyed and equally pitying him too as he wants her attention. Then she raised her voice Naughty stop it or else I will call Shaurya now which made Shaurya delighted when she said that.