Chapter 3

Joes POV

I walked into school, seeing my group laughing. "It couldnt be that funny." I mentioned when i got closer. They all looked at me and smiled.
"Josh was telling us about Dianne." Caspar said, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Her families coming to town." He held up a circus poster, causing us all to laugh again, however my laughter was cut short when i saw the red head walk past. Her bag was still broken. Couldnt her mum have fixed it? She looked like she had some sort of limp but i shouldnt ask. I didnt think it was my place to mention anything. Byron looked over and her and smiled. "Ill go talk to her." He said, walking over to the aussie girl.

Byrons POV

I walked over to dianne, making her jump. "Hey girl." I laughed, dianne smiling a little. She knew i was still friends with her. I didnt believe the rumor josh made up yesterday. It was completely random and almost made no sense. However i played along. I dont think ill ever understand why they tease her, but i knew i couldnt change there minds. She glaced up at me and i frowned, she had a black eye. "Woah what happened?" I asked confused. She gulped a little. "Oh i accidently walked into something on the way home last night." She said. I let that slide. It wasnt the truth but i knew she wouldnt tell me. "Already, well ill see you later red." I chuckled before walking back to the Kendolls.
"Why did you talk to her, volunteerily?" Josh asked.
"Shes not a bad person." I told them, however they didnt believe me. I heard the bell go, and josh, caspar, joe and I walked to pur tutor. Yet joe stayed silent.
"You alright buddy?" Caspar asked, joe nodding.
"Yeah im fine." He said softly, shoving his hands in his blazer pocket. We sat down, joe kicking his feet up onto the table. We all messed around, getting signed in by the teacher before the bell rang again.
"Eww we have english." Caspar groaned. I glaced over at joe and he smiled a little.
"Ha joe has to work with little miss clown." Josh sniggered, joe rolling his eyes. "She does the work for me, i cant complain." He said

Joes POV

It was a lie, yet my friends saw through it. I actually enjoyed working with dianne. She was sweet, funny and she didnt judge me if i got something wrong. Oh no. Joe dont go developing feelings your friends will kill you. However walking to english i didnt say anything, listening to josh's useless talk. We walked in and sat down next to our partners, beginning to work.
"Hey Di." I said.
"Hey." She whispered, looking up at me, however her hair covered one eye.
"You okay?" I asked, dianne nodding. I got the work out and we began to continue the project. The teacher came over and smiled.
"Really good job guys, its nice to see you actually do work Joseph." She said before moving on. I smiled a little. A teacher was actually proud of me for once. I looked at dianne, who had gotten distracted.
"Come on Di." I said, her head turning round to look at me. My eyes widened. The poor girl looked confused before covering her eyes with her hair. "What on earth happened?" I asked in complete shock.
"N-nothing....." she stuttered.

Diannes POV

He saw. Oh god he saw. This is bad. Bad dianne! How could you let him notice. He probably thinks youre a real loser now. I just looked back down at the work and continued to write things down. I whined, feeling a shooting pain go up my leg. However that was my fault. I shouldn't have broken my bag, and got home late too. I woked until the bell, realising we had science next. I stood up, using the table for support. I swung my already broken bag onto my back, limping over to science, which was the other side of the school. To make it worse, jack tripped me over. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming in pain, pulling myself up and continuing to walk to the classroom.

Around half way through the lesson, the Kendolls began to play up. They hadnt done anything the first half, so when the second half rolled around, i felt small paper balls being thrown at my head, before feeling something stick to my hair. One of them had put gum in it. I whined before-
"Conor!" Joe snapped, causing both me and him to flinch. "Thats too far." He added, conor actually apologising to me. I put my hand up, asking if i could go to the bathroom to they get it out. Thankfully the teacher let me and i limped down the hall to the toilets. I looked in the mirror, trying to get the gum out of my hair. Luckily i got the majority out but some of the pink bubblegum still stuck. Id have to get it out after scho- im at joes after school. I doubt hed help yet he did snap at conor. Why had he suddenly started defending me? I wouldnt know if hed help me until the time rolled around. I returned to the lesson and sat down, rubbing my leg a little since it felt like it was in agony. I looked at the time, hearing the bell go as i did. I packed away, putting my bag on my back and limping to the bleachers, unaware josh and caspar had been following me. Since Oli wasnt here, they were able to hurt me without anyone stopping them there and then. I sat down, felling my hair getting pulled, causing me to cry out in pain.
"Youve been wrapping joe around your little finger havent you!" Josh snapped, slapping my cheek, causing me to whine, the two repeatedly hurting me before walking off laughing. I slumped onto my side, crying into my hands. Yet some of me was telling me to find joe. Yet some of me was telling me no, he wouldnt help you. I whined, getting myself together before maths. Byron was in my lesson, maybe i could talk to him?

*After school*

So i couldnt talk to anyone since they wouldnt listen to me, but when i walked up to joe, he noticed something was wrong almost straight away.
"Are you okay?" He asked in shock. I nodded weakly. We began to walk back to his, but he noticed how my limp had gotten worse.
"Come on, ill carry you back." He said, taking his bag off so i could get on his back. I blushed a jumped on. "Sorry im really heavy."
"Actually you pretty light." He chuckled and carried me back to his.

When we got there, he carried me upstairs and sat me down on his bed. He smiled. "We should get to work then." He said, getting the project out.

Diannes POV

We worked for a few hours, before i heard people coming upstairs. I looked at joe confused, knowing he hadnt invited anyone round. I went as pale as a ghost when all the Kendolls walked in.
"Hey guys....dont remember inviting you....?" Joe asked, the boys laughing.
"Caspar got drinks so we thought wed share them with you." Josh said, them all sitting on the bed, making a circle. Joe looked at me, i looked back nervously. Luckily Byron sat next to me so they werent being so annoying.
"How about a game of never have i ever?" Conor asked, smirking a little. We all agreed, but id never played so i thought it could be fun.

After around 15 questions i was already drunk, giggling at most things. The questions had been set up to get me drunk, my my drunk mind didnt really figure that out. After a while the boys left, and joe was still sober, having only had around one or two shots. He made the decision that id sat over, since he knew not to send me home. He laid me down, i kept giggling.
"Hey joe...." i slurred, joe smiling.
"Whats up...." he asked slowly.
"Youre reallllly cute...." i giggled. "I like you....." i said

Joes POV

Did i hear her her correctly. The girl that i cant get off my mind told me she liked me? I bullied her for over a year. Maybe she wasnt thinking straight? Id ask her in the morning.

Because sweet, pretty, cute, smart dancing dianne couldnt like me.

A bully.