Chapter 25

Joes POV

I woke up to screaming, Dianne thrashing around in her sleep. I sat up, holding her close and helping her wake up. When she finally woke up, I held her to my chest, wiping the tears streaming down her cheeks. I kissed her forehead, whispering sweet nothings to her.
"Its alright baby." I whispered, Dianne sniffling, not being able to even out her breathing. "Hey hey, deep breaths, deep breaths. Copy my breathing." I said quietly, breathing deeply. I smiled when she finally calmed down. "Its alright." I smiled, gently playing with the ends of her head.
"I-I dreamt t-that I had to g-go back to Australia a-and my d-dad wouldnt let m-me contact you a-and he h-hurt me a-and-"
"Hey hey, I wont let that happen okay." I said softly, kissing her forehead.
"Go back to sleep baby, we still have a couple hours before we need to get up for school, and we know todays gonna be eventful." I added and she nodded.
"G-goodnight." She sniffled, leaning her head on my shoulder, and like that, asleep. I smiled and laid back down, pulling the duvet over us.

I didnt go back to sleep, playing with Diannes hair to keep her calm while she slept. I smiled, holding the girl close to me until she woke up, then she wrapped her arms around me.
"Morning." I smiled, kissing her forehead.
"Mornin' Joey...." she whispered, snuggling into me. "This hoodie smells like you." She added, laughing a little.
"Is that good?" I asked and I felt her nod.
"We need to get up." She sat up, getting out of bed and stretching.
"That, we do." I huffed, getting up after her and walking to my wardrobe, Dianne walking to the room she was staying in to go get dress. I sighed, throwing on my blazer before sorting out my hair and putting the correct books in my bag. I threw my bag onto my back, walking to the guest room and knocking.
"Come in!" Dianne said from inside. I walked in smiling, wrapping my arms around her waist, secretly pulling her skirt down a little.
"Dont need anyone else looking at you." I whispered and she hid her face in her hand, laughing a little. I smiled and spun her round, taking her hands away from her face and kissing her gently, moving my hands to her hips. I soon pulled away, smiling down at my beautiful girlfriend.
"I love you."
"I love you too, however Im hungry and want breakfast. Your mum brought pancakes yesterday." Dianne giggled, grabbing her bag before grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs to the kitchen. I sat down, Dianne heating up some of the pancakes, putting them on plates, taking the nutella before putting it all on the table before taking a seat next to me. She took a pancake, spreading some nutella over it before rolling it up and eating it.
"Youve got a little nutella there." I chuckled, wiping it from the side of her mouth and letting her lick it off.
"Thanks baby." She smiled, waiting for me to finish before washing everything up.
We went upstairs, finishing getting ready before grabbing out bags and leaving the house. I took her hand as we walked, the smaller female leaning against me a little as we walked to school. When we got there, we could already see the police cars outside. As we walked through the gate we were redirected to the sports hall, where they had the bleachers pulled out, the majority of our year sitting on them. We sat down next to our friends, and I put my arm around her shoulders. When the whole year was in there, the police officer we talked to yestersay walked in with her work partner.
"Hey everyone, my name is officer Diaz, and this is officer Lanettie." She introduced themseleves. "Two of your peers came to the station to report multiple threats, and we have the fingerprint of the culprit, however we need to check all your fingerprints before making an accusation." She explained while the other officer was setting everything up. One by one the students were called down, their fingerprints being taken along with names and birthdates. Once the police had gotten through everyone, including me and Dianne since they had to for legal reasons.
"Thank you for your time, we will be back when we have the results taken." Officer Diaz said before they left, and we were directed to go straight to your lessons, and we had maths. When we got to the maths block, I kissed Dianne goodbye before walking to my classroom

Diannes POV

Byron, Oli and I walked into our maths classroom, sitting down at our seats. I opened the textbook, working on surds like wed been doing for the past few lessons.
"Hey guys, we should all hang out this weekend." Oli said.
"Just us three?" Byron asked and Oli nodded.
"I have that dance comp this weekend, you can all come if you want." I smiled.
"Id love to." Byron smiled, messing up my hair.
"Hey!" I laughed, someone turning round in the seats in front of us.
"Hey slut, does your real boyfriend know about your affairs." He smirked and I looked down.
"Take that back." Oli snapped. Id been friends with him since I got to this school, and I had never seen him angry.
"I SAID TAKE IT BACK." He yelled, slamming his hand on the table as he stood up. I flinched, Byron putting a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. I smiled slightly, the boy who called me a slut looking shit scared. Oli sat back down, continuing with his work until the bell went. Since we all got our fingerprints taken, we missed our first period.

When we got to the canteen, the others were already there. I smiled, sitting down when we got there. Joe put his arm round my shoulder, letting me lean on him.
"You alright babe?" He asked and I nodded.
"Im just glad were gonna find out who sent that letter." I said and he nodded.
"Me too, cant have anyone being mean to you can I?" He chuckled and I blushed.
"You two are adorable, but keep that mushy stuff to yourself." Jack laughed. I smiled, putting a hand on Joes cheek amd kissing him deeply before pulling away, leaning over the table, taking Jack's bag of crisps, sat back down and ate them with a smirk on my face.
"Definitely Joe's girlfriend." Josh laughed and Joe nodded.
"Yep. Ive been rubbing off on her. Now can I have one?" He asked and I gave him one of the crisps. The bell soon went and we all got up to go to our next lessons.

*During 5th Period*

Around 5 minutes into 5th period, my statistic teacher got an email saying that the results were already in, and our class had to make our way to the sports hall.

When we got there, I sat Joe and walked over, taking a seat next to him.
"Hey." He whispered, putting an arm around me.
"Hi." I smiled, slightly leaning against him.
"Thank you for your time." Officer Diaz said. "We have run our tests, and the person who has been sending threats and letters to Dianne Buswell is..........."

A/N

Am I going to get killed for the cliffhanger? Im sorry Im sorry! (Actually Im not but Ill say I am)
New chapter probably sunday, maybe tomorrow.