Chapter 26

Diannes POV

"Mirabelle Himura." Was the name that echoed through the room. I knew the girl, she was in some of my lessons. However this all made sense. She was Scarletts right hand girl. My tutor took the girl to the front, and her brown eyes were shooting daggers at me. I leant closer to Joe, and he had nothing but a sneer on his face.
"Scarlett mustve put her up to this." He whispered and I nodded.

Oh how we were wrong. For a while Mirabelle had been trying to get to Joe through Scarlett, however since Scarlett was unsuccessful so was she. How didnt we notice? I took Joe's hand as the girl was taken out the sports hall, and it filled with whispered dotted around the crowd. I looked down the row at the boys, who looked back. Jack seemed to have a sad look on his face.
"Whats wrong?" I asked, the male looking down at his lap.
"We had been talking for a while." He started. "I thought me and her could have had something. Im guessing she wanted to get through to Joe from me....." he wiped his eyes, and Conor put his arm around his brother.
"We wasnt good enough for you mate." He said, holding Jack in a hug. We were soon all dismissed and school had ended. As we were leaving the sports hall, Scarlett and the rest of the barbie dolls stopped us.
"This is your fault!" She pointed at me.
"If you never showed up I couldve been with Joe and Mirabelle wouldnt have been threatening. You had our friend taken away. Now Ill take you." She snapped, grabbing my shirt but Joe grabbed her wrist.
"I dont think you realise Mirabelle wanted me just as much as you do. I also dont think you realise that Dianne is mine. Im hers. Youre not going to be taking her anywhere sweetie." He scoffed and let her go, putting his arm around my waist, leaving Scarlett silent.
"Go on, wouldnt want one of us hitting you on the way out would you!" Caspar snapped and they all left quickly. He looked at me and smiled. "Youre like out sister now, and no one is gonna take you anywhere." Caspar smiled and I hugged him.
"T-thank you." I sniffled and he smiled, hugging me tightly.
"No problem, just keep yourself out of trouble." He smiled and I nodded, letting him go and taking Joes hand.
"Well I guess we will see you all tomorrow?" Joe asked and they nodded.
"Oooo can we go to that bakery in town? The new one that just opened?" I asked.
"Sure." Joe smiled, and before we left Oli stopped me.
"Here. My mum said she will pick you and Joe up at 8 on saturday for the competition. She also has a costume for you." He said, handing me the signed papers for the entry.
"Omg Oli youre amazing!" I hugged him. "I can always count on you." I chuckled and he nodded, messing up my hair.
"I know. Now you two have fun at the bakery, but not too much." He laughed and I nodded, Joe and I leaving through the gates and walking into town.

When we got to the bakery, I took a while to pick a cupcake, but settled on a red velvet cupcake with white icing and sprinkles. While we were waiting, I checked my phone to see that I had a message from someone on instagram.
"Whos that?" I whispered, opening the dm. My confused face turned into a smile when I saw what it said.

'Hey lil sis, hows England?'

"Joe!" I squealed, hitting his arm repeatedly.
"Ow! What is it?" He laughed, and I showed him my phone.
"My brother! I havent talked to him in years!" I sniffled. I would reply when I got home since we just got our cupcakes. We ate them on the way back, messing around as well. Were teenagers, what did you expect?

When we got back to Joes, I ran up to his room and dived onto his bed, taking my phone out my blazer pocket and going back to my brothers Dm.

Dianne: Hey! Englands good! Wait, arent you meant to be asleep?
Andrew: Maybe I am, Maybe Im not.
Dianne: Youre still annoying then?
Andrew: Only as much as you are. Anyway, tell me about England. Got any friends? Boyfriend?
Dianne: Well I have a group of friends, and yes I have a boyfriend.
Andrew: He better be treating you right.
Dianne: He is. I promise 😊
Andrew: Good Good.
Dianne: So hows Australia?
Andrew: Still hot. I wish you could come home.
Dianne: So do I, but id have to bring all my friends with me.
Andrew: They can all sleep in the attic.

The comment made me laugh, and Joe walkes over, laying down next to me.
"What you laughing at?" He asked.
"My brother." I smiled, kissing Joes cheek.
"Why dont you call him?" He asked and I nodded. I set my phone up before video calling him, and I smiled when he picked up.
"Di!" My brother called through the phone.
"Hey!" I smiled, Joe having gone to go get drinks.
"Whos room you in?" He asked.
"My boyfriend."
"Does he have a name?"
"Joe."
"Thats nice, where is he?"
"Hes gone to- hes there." I smiled, seeing him walk in with two glasses of pepsi.
"Here you go." Joe smiled and kissed me before handing me the glass.
"So you must be my sisters boyfriend?"
"That I am." Joe smiled, holding his glass in one hand, his other arm round my shoulders.
"You better be treating her right." Andrew laughed a little. "Dont wanna have to fly over to kill you."
"Dont worry, I wouldnt think of hurting her." He said, kissing my forehead.
"So Di, how is dance going?"
"Its going good, I have a competition this weekend." I said and he nodded.
"I wish I could come see you perform. Im sure youll do great." He said and I smiled.
"Hopefully. I have a routine ready, just need to practice a little more to make sure its perfect."
"Youll do amazing. Bring back a trophie for your collection."
"Ill do my best." I said before hearing my dad on the other end of the phone.
"Ive got to go, bye." Andrew whispered before hanging up.
"Why did he go-"
"I could hear my dad. If he knew me and Andrew had contact hed kill us both." I sniffed, taking a sip of my coke.
"Its sad. I guess youll just have to talk to him without your dad knowing." Joe said, kissing my cheek. I nodded.
"Yeah. Im just glad I have a way to talk to him." I smiled.
"Things are finally looking up for you little red."

"Yeah, I guess they are." I smiled.

A/N

So things seem to be going well for Joanne. Ha because its me that wont last long.

Also 24 days till christmas!