Chapter 31

Warning: Abuse.

*The Next Day*

Diannes POV

I woke up suddenly to hear Joe screaming.
"ITS SNOWING!" He yelled, flinging his curtains open. I ran over to the window and gasped. It mustve been snowing all night since it was rather deep, and it was still snowing now. We looked to the door as his mum walked in.
"Schools closed today." She said with a smile and Joe cheered. I smiled and hugged him tightly.
"Can we go over to the field near my flat?" I asked and he nodded.
"After brealfast." Joe smiled, taking my hand amd running downstairs with me. We sat down, Joes mum making pancakes and also making us two mugs of hot chocolate. I thanked her when she handed it to us, bith of us digging in quickly, wolfing our food down. Who can blame us? We wanted to play in the snow. Wow......we are kids arent we?

After breakfast, Joe went to his room to get dressed and I went to mine. I put my hair up before throwing on some jeans and some boots, a t-shirt, fluffy jumper and my coat. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before walking to Joes room and knocking.
"Come in." He said and I walked in. I sat on his bed, seeing him trying to sort out his hair.
"Having trouble there?" I asked, walking over and pushing that part of his hair back. He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist, and I wrapped mine around him. I rested my head on his shoulder and Joe kissed my forehead.
"Ready to go?" He asked and I nodded.
"Yep, lets go." I smiled and took his hands. We said goodbye to his mum before walking out the house. We took the gloves out of our coat pockets and walked to the field. When we got there, I grabbed a pile of snow, moulding it into a ball and throwing it at Joe.
"Hey!" He yelled and threw a snowball at me. I giggled, and a snowball fight began. After around 5 minutes I was begging for mercy and he finally stopped lobbing snowballs at me. I smiled, beginning to roll the snow into a big ball.
"Help me make a snowman." I said softly and he smiled, rolling another ball and putting it on top of the other. I walked over to a tree and grabbed some sticks before running back, putting them in the sides of the snowman.
"He may not have eyes or nose or a mouth, but hes our snowman." Joe wrapped his arms around me before I went frozen in his arms.
"DIANNE BUSWELL WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG LADY!" I heard my aunts voice. I turned round, seeing her storm over to me, grabbing my arm.
"I-ive been a-at Joes. I-I left you a note." I whispered, her grip on my arm tightening.
"Youre coming home with me. Now." She dragged me away. I looked back at Joe, and he mouthed that he would come get me. I nodded, my eyes clouding up with tears.

When we got to the flat, I took my coat and jumper off, but before I could go anywhere a bottle was shattered on my side, glass piercing through the fabric and into my skin. I cried out in pain, the white t-shirt beginning to go red. I looked up at my aunt and she slapped my cheek before grabbing me by my neck, pushing me against the wall, watching me choke. She used her other hand to push some of the glass further into my broken body, causing me to gasp and sob while struggling to breathe.
"You step one foot closer to that boyfriend of yours and stay there for too long your father will be involved." She snapped, and I could no longer breathe. She soon let me go and my knees went weak, letting me fall to the floor. I took a while to catch my breath, and when I finally had I dragged myself to my room, sitting down on my bed. I lifted up my shirt, looking at all the shatteres glass forced deep into me. I looked around my room before remembering the phone Joe had given me. I opened my bedside draw and grabbed it, unlocking it and going to Joes contact.

Dianne: help me
Joe: Di what happened.
Dianne: just help

I hid my phone, knowing he would soon come for me. I sniffled, pulling my shirt down and putting on a jumper, letting out small cries at the agonising pain coming from my side. I silently walked out my room, seeing my aunt passed out on the sofa. Around 5 minutes later I heard a knock at the door. I opened it, Joe grabbing my hand and picking my up, moving me in his arms so he couldnt hurt me. He carried my down to his sisters car, and when we got in she drove us back to theirs in silence. I sniffled, rubbing my eyes.

When we got to Joes, he carried my up to the room before grabbing a first aid kit.
"Where did she hurt you?" He asked seriously. I slowly and carefully pulled off my jumper and t-shirt, my eyes brimming with tears. He didnt say anything, until he suddenly calles him mum upstairs. I tried to protest however I knew he was in the right. She walked in and gasped.
"Jesus sweetie what happened?" She crouched down, looking at the glass in my side.
"Her aunt did this." Joe said to her, holding onto my hand, using the other to wipe away my tears. "Look at me okay?" He whispered and I looked into his eyes. "Just focus on me." He smiled before I felt some of the glass being pulled out of my side. Tears rolled down my cheeks and he continued to wipe them away.
"I-its hurts...." I sniffed and he nodded, kissing my cheek.
"Its alright, its okay." He cooed, rubbing circles onto the back on my hand. He kept me focused on him, comforting me whenever it hurt too much.
"Okay its all out sweetheart." Tracey smiled and threw all the glass away. She used some disinfectant wipes to clean the cuts the  glass had made before bandaging it all up. She took up and pulled me into a gently hug, giving me a motherly kiss on my forehead.
"You can take tomorrow off if youd like, and Joseph, Ill let you stay home to watch her." She smiled and hugged him before leaving. I laid down on Joes bed, tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Im so sorry baby." He whispered, wiping the tears away. He carefully pulled my onto his lap, cradeling me in his arms, playing with the ends of my hair gently, knowing that easily sent me into a deep sleep. I knew what he was doing, trying to make me sleep so it would hurt less.

Let me tell you, it worked like a gem.

A/N

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter again, however I have a lot going on at school with work and I need to get it all done.