Chapter 12

*Monday Morning*

Joes POV

I walked into school, smiling as I walked over to the group. I hugged Dianne from behind, the aussie girl turning round and hugging me tightly.
"Theres a new girl joining." Caspar said and I rolled my eyes. I could sense Dianne get a little jealous, her hug had tightened. I smiled and kissed her forehead which made her smile. The bell soon went and me, Josh, Caspar and Byron walked to tutor. We sat down, Josh and Caspar having a thumb war, Caspar winning. We all looked up when a girl walked in. She had long, dirty blonde hair down to her waist and a face full of make up. She introduced herseld as Melony before sitting down on our table. Yes. OUR table. She immediately started a conversation, asking our names.
"Im Josh, thats Caspar, Byron. That ones Joe."
"Joe huh?" She smirked and I scoffed. I sniggered a little, knowing Dianne would throw hands again if she had to.
"Can I hang round with you guys?" She asked, twirling her hair between her fingers. What was this? A cringey teen romance film? Not today. The bell soon went and we all got up, walking to science. 'Melony' kept trying to talk to me, however I didnt care. I smiled as I walked in, seeing Dianne already focused on the starter.
"Whos that?" The blonde asked me in pure disgust. I decided not to reply, since I wouldve gone off at her. I sat down, the female sitting next to Dianne.

Diannes POV

I saw a girl sit next to me. I looked up and smiled.
"Hi! Im-"
"I dont care who you are." The strange female scoffed and I looked back down at my book. I picked up my pen and began writing again. The female kept kicking me under the table, however I didnt ask her to stop. Id already gone though worse, what was a few kicks. I glaced behind me at Joe when I could. He was staring daggers at the girl. From the register I'd learnt that her name was Melony. It was a pretty name. Much nicer than Dianne. The whole lesson she was doing something to hurt or annoy me.

Once the lesson ended, we walked to pe. Joe held my hand tightly when he saw the girl was in our class.
"Whatever you do. Kick her ass at dance." He whispered to me as he walked to the boys changing room. I laughed a little and walked upstairs to the girls changing room. Once I was dressed I walked into the gym. I saw Melony trying to dance and show of to Joe. I smirked. The teacher walked over to me.
"Hey, I need to go for about 20 minutes, can you control the music?" She asked. I nodded and walked over to her phone.
"Aww, how sweet. I bet you cant even dance." I heard Melony say. Jack laughed.
"Oh sweet child."
"You wanna go?" I asked, putting on Bang Bang by Jessie J. I walked over and crossed my arms, Melony dancing. She wasnt awful. However I was better. I smirked and began to dance, causing her to stop. When I finished the class cheered and she looked down. Joe smirked and wrapped his arms around me.
"Wait youre with her?" Melony screeched.
"Problem with that?" Joe asked. Clearly she didnt know how this school worked. Lets just say if Joe doesnt like you. You can not tell him what to do or who to hang out with. She smirked.
"Maybe. However we can discuss that later." She hummed, walking to the other side of the gym. Oh how I wish I could kill her. Joe took ahold of my hands.
"Ignore her. Youre way better." He smiled before the teacher came back and we had to actually work. We all had to show our dances in that lesson, and I got the highest grade in the class.

Once we finished getting changed, we sat down at our table in the canteen. Jack and Conor were having some sibling banter. I huffed when Melony sat down.
"Hey guys." She said, giving me a smirk before giving the boys a sickly sweet smile. Luckily they didnt fall for it.
"How about we all hang out after school?" She asked and we agreed. Why? I really do not know. Joe held my hand under the table, squeezing it every so often.
"You'll be fine." He whispered. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. Melony glared at me and I smiled. Clearly she was after my man. How adorable. We talked all through break, and she was blatantly flirting with Joe right before me. I managed to keep my cool though. When break ended, we all went to our lessons.

Joes POV

I dont know what this new girl is playing at, but shes making some bad moves I can promise that. I sat down in art, rolling my eyes since Melony was in my class. She smirked and sat down next to me.
"Hey Joe."
"Hi." I huffed, getting my book and open it to my page with the bear and the dove.
"Thats really good." She said.
"Thanks." I said quietly, grabbing my pencil to continue with the drawing. She kept watching me, and I thought it was really creepy but she didnt stop. Finally she got on with her own work and stopped watching me.

The bell finally rang and I dont think I could've left that classroom quick enough. I walked across the school to English, smiling when I saw Dianne already working on the last of our project. She looked up and my eyes followed her. Melony smirked, asking the teacher who to work with. Thankfully she didnt get stuck with us, but she seemed annoyed by that. Dianne looked at me and smiled brightly. You dont even know how beautiful she is when she smiled. We worked hard the whole lesson to get the project finished, and when our teacher came over to see the final product she smiled, giving us a high grade for it. Dianne hugged me and I kissed her forehead.

The bell ended the lesson and we left for lunch. I held onto Diannes hand tightly, the shorter female looking up at me with a smile. We sat down at lunch, Dianne rolling her eyes or scoffing at anything Melony had to say, and we all couldnt help but laugh.
"Whats so funny?" Melony scoffed, Dianne giggling. "You got a problem?"
"Nope." Dianne smirked, leaving over the table and taking Caspars crisps when he wasnt looking and giggling, sharing them with me. Melony scoffed and went to talk to Oli. Oh going to hers later would be good.

*After School*

Diannes POV

We all met up by the gate, Melony walking us to her house. Why did we agree to go? It felt like the devil had come collected us to take us all to hell. When we got there I was in shock. Did she live in a palace? I looked down and sighed. She was clearly rich. Joe was rich. What if he left me-
"Di, calm down." He whispered and I blushed, leaning against him a little.
"Okay." I whispered, holding his hand tightly as we walked in. We all walked up to her room and sat down. She tried sitting next to Joe on one side but luckily Byron sat there before she could, meaning she was stuck between Byron and Jack.
"How about we play a game?" Conor suggested and we all nodded.
"What do we play?" I asked, Melony smirking.
"How about 7 minutes in heaven?" She asked and the boys agreed. Well, everyone except me and Joe, but we had to play anyway. She took the water bottle from her bag and smirked. "Ill go first." She sniggered and span the bottle. It landed on Mikey. She huffed, clearly not impressed with the result, however they went into her cupboard anyway.

After 7 minutes they walked out, and clearly had just been standing there the whole time. The game went round, and it soon got to me. I span it and smiled, seeing it land on Joe. He pulled me up and we walked into the cupboard, however we both just kept laughing the whole time since he made terrible jokes. There were small kisses here and there but mainly giggling. We stopped, hearing Melony complaining outside the cupboard causing us to laugh again. Conor opened the door when 7 minutes were up, and we sat back down. We all had a couple more goes before we got bored of the game.
"Hey Joe, whats the time?"
"6, whys that?"
"I need to go."
"Aww, has someone got to go home to mummy?" Melony teased and I froze.
"Shut up." I whispered, reaching for my bag.
"Why should I?" She smirked, Joe glaring at her.
"Oh are you an orphan? Did mummy not want you."
"Shut up!" I cried, standing up and running out her room, down there stairs and out her house. I wiped my eyes, hearing footsteps behind me. I looked down, knowing who it was by their shoes. Joe sighed and pulled me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder, holding him close to me. The other boys soon came over, knowing not to ask. However I think they guessed. We all walked back to my flat, the boys trying to cheer me up. Thankfully it worked, and I couldnt stop laughing, my mind no longer thinking about my mother as much as before. When we got to the apartment block, I hugged Joe goodbye, giving him a sweet kiss before walking inside.

My aunt was going to kill me.

~•~

So new girl Melony. Shell be here for a while. Maybe shell leave maybe not. However more drama is on its way.