Chapter 57

Warning: Arguing and slight abuse.

*The Next Day*

Joes POV

Everyone had already gone home.
"Its quite." Dianne smiled. I nodded, kissing her forehead. We were cuddled up on my bed watching a random film, no really paying much attention since we were already confused by it.
"You recon the plan worked?" I asked.
"Oh definitely." Dianne giggled. "It worked. Josh likes her. You could tell. When she showed up he looked shocked, almost in awe." She smiled. "They just gotta work that out soon or Ill explode."
"Dont explode, Id like my girlfriend in one piece please." I smiled, kissing her softly before pulling away.
"Youre cute."
"I know." I smiled cheekily. She smiled, resting her head on my shoulder. I put my arm round her shoulder, drawing circles on her arm, feeling her relax under my touch.
"Hey Di-" I paused, seeing her asleep. I smiled, pulling the duvet over us after turning off the TV. "A nap wont hurt anyone."

Laurens POV

I was sat in my room, listening to music.

That seemed nice enough right? Wrong? I was blocking out the sound of my mother praising my sister for doing well on a test that didnt even matter. She was always the favourite daughter. Sometimes I wondered if it was because she was the normal daughter.
'Why couldnt you be more like Ellen.'
'Why couldnt you get grades like her.'
'Why wont you spend more time on studies than stupid sports.'
Thats all my mother ever told me. How I wasnt her perfect child. I took out my headphones, hearing my mum screaming at me to come downstairs. I sighed, taking as long as I could to walk downstairs.
"What is this?" She spat, handing me a letter from the school. It was about my first event for the cross country team.
"Sir asked if I wanted to be apart of the cross country team. I said yes. Mum you know this is my-"
"No Lauren. This isnt what you want is it? You need to start being more like Ellen-"
"But Im not Ellen mum am I! Im not her! Im Lauren! And I love sport so you better deal with it!"
"Dont you talk to me like that young lady." She snapped, striking me across the cheek, leaving a red mark. "Get out." She snapped. I didnt move. "GET OUT!" She screamed, making me flinched. I walked to the door, putting my shoes on before leaving, running from my house to the park, thanking my speed and stamina for getting me there quickly. Luckily it wasnt busy. I sat down on the park bench, tears in my eyes.
"She hates me..." I sniffed, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. "Why cant I be normal?"
"Because normal is boring." I heard a familiar South African voice behind me. I looked away when I felt him sit next to me.
"I know youre crying."
"I-Im fine." I wiped my eyes.
"Youre not fine." Josh said. "Its okay to cry, it shows you have emotion." He said. I glaced up at him, my eyes red. He smiled, wiping the tears off my cheeks.
"I-I probably look a mess."
"You look fine." He said, gently rubbing my shoulder. I smiled, relaxing a little.
"My mum....she keeps comparing me to my sister..." I sniffed. "How Im not getting good grades like her, I should study more like her, I should-"
"Hey hey. Youre not your sister." Josh interupted me. "You do what you love okay? You love sport right?" I nodded. "So you do as much sport as you can. You train as much as you can. You prove you can do just as good as your sister." He said, making me blush a little. "How about you come back to mine. My parents are out and I don't want you going home if your mum is going to treat you like that." I nodded, walking with him.
"I thought you hated me."
"Ive never hated you. Ive told you this." He smiled as we walked towards his house.
"Youre not too bad either." I giggled, Josh nudging me a little as we walked up to his front door. We walked inside. "Much warmer in here." I smiled, taking off my shoes, leaving them by the door.
"Yeah." Josh smiled. "Come with me." He said. I followed him into the kithen, grabbing a few snacks. We carried them up to his room.
"So, what should we do?" I asked.
"Well I would say squeal and talk about the cute people at school but I can tell thats not your thing."
"You know me so well." I laughed.

Joshs POV

Her laugh was so cute. Whether she thought that or not. I smiled, grabbing my tv remotes.
"Its cool that you have a tv in here." Lauren said, sitting next to me, opening a packet of crisps.
"I got it about a year ago for my birthday." I said, going onto netflix.
"Ooo can we watch Stranger Things?"
"If you want." I smiled, searching for the show, putting on the first episode. Lauren smiled, curling up into a ball, watching the show. I looked down at her, smiling softly.
"So....about last night....."
"We kissed." She said, looking up at me.
"We werent drunk." I said.
"I know....what does that mean....?" She asked. "Ive never been in a relationship...."
"We can keep it a secret?" I asked and she smiled.
"That could work." She said, sitting on her knees.
"Well I guess we have to find out some way." I laughed. Before I could say anything else she kissed me gently, putting her hand on my shoulder. I cupped one of her cheeks, my other hand going to her waist. She soon pulled away, smiling innocently at me.
"You know, for someone whos never been in a relationship before, youre a pretty good kisser."
"Well one of us has to be." She laughed.
"Okay fine." I said before kissing her again.

A/N

I HAVE CREATED ANOTHER SHIP! Oops? Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter!