Chapter 13

*Mentions of Abuse. Involves another fight.*

Diannes POV

I woke up and stretched, whining when I felt a shooting pain in my side and arm. I slowly dragged myself out of bed, trying not to hurt myself anymore. I walked to the bathroom, taking off my pyjamas, looking at myseld in the mirror. I had bruised ribs and arms along with a black eye. Lets just say my aunt was not happy with me last night. I climbed into the shower, the temperature being more cold than hot. I washed my hair and my body, wincing when I gently brushed a couple of bruises. I finished my shower and dried myseld off, towel drying my hair. I put on jeans and a hoodie before walking to my room and brushing my hair, drying it properly before brushing it again. I grabbed my concealer, using it to cover the bruise on my eye. It covered some, however it was still slightly noticeable. I sighed, grabbing my bag when I finished getting ready.
"Goodb-"
"Dont talk to me! Get out my flat!" My aunt hissed, causing me to flee the apartment as fast as I could.

When I arrived at school, I looked down as I walked over to the group. I could hear Melony's sickening laugh and sighed, standing next to Joe.
"Hey baby." He whispered, tilting my head up. I knew he noticed my black eye when his eyes widened. "Woah what happened?" He gasped. Melony pushed him away, looking at my eye.
"Wow, what an improvement." She smirked, pushing down on my eye. I backed away, Joe holding me close.
"What the fuck!" He snapped at Melony, the female smirking.
"Oh come on. We all know she deserves that. What did mummy get angry?"
"Shut up."
"Did mummy drink too much?"
"Shut up!"
"Did mummy-"
"SHUT UP!" I screamed, causing her just to laugh more.
"Oh please, circus acts dont tell me what to do?"
"Maybe they wont, but I will." Joe snapped, standing in front of me. Melony chuckled, cracking her knuckles before swinging her first punch at me, hitting my lip. I could taste the metalic taste of blood and snarled. If she can give it she can take it. She may be a girl and Ive always been told never to hit a girl, no one, and I mean no one, hurts my Dianne. I swung my first punch, hitting her straight in the eye. She whined, stumbling a little before kicking my shin. I scoffed and punched the side of her head. The girl was strong, I had to admit. However I was stronger. I grabbed her hair, pulling her down.
"Dont touch her again." I snapped, dropping her to the ground. I put my arm around Dianne's waist. "Come on, were not staying." I said protectively, Dianne jogging a little to keep up with me.

Once we got back to mine, Dianne walked to the bathroom before walking to my room. She sat me down, sitting down in front of me. She gave me one of her breath taking smiled as she dabbed the blood away from my lip. I hissed a little from the pain.
"Its okay, its okay." She cooed, giving me a soft smile. The red head soon got up, throwing the tissue away before sitting back down on my bed. I sniffed, looking down at my lap.
"Im sorry...."
"Hey what are you sorry for?" She whispered, placing a hand on my cheek. I refused to look up at her, however she felt the tears rolling down my cheek.
"Hey dont cry, dont cry." She tilted my head up, wiping away my tears.
"I-im sorry....i-im always getting i-into trouble a-and hurting someone....i-im not a good boyfriend...."

Diannes POV

Seeing Joe break down like this shatteres my heart. I pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back gently.
"Youre the best boyfriend I couldve asked for." I cooed, smiling softly. "Youre amazing in every way possible and I love you...." I said softly, wiping away the last of his tears.
"I-i love you too." He smiled, kissing me gently. The kiss lasted a couple of minutes until I pulled away, going as red as my hair.
"Youre cute when you blush."
"Am not!" I hid my face in his shoulder, but he just laughed and tilted my head up.
"You are absolutely adorable." He picked me up and pinned me down, tickling my sides. I burst into fits of laughter, causing him to smirk.
"S-stop!" I laughed.
"Say 'Joe Sugg is the handsomest boy to ever walk the Earth.'"
"J-joe S-Sugg is t-the ha-handsomest b-boy to e-ever walk t-the E-Earth!" I squealed and he soon stopped.
"Why thank you." He smiled and laid down next to me, cuddling me.
"I could've told you that without you having to ask." I blushed. He smiled, playing with the ends of my hair.
"I dont get it."
"Get what?"
"How you fell in love with me. I used to bully you daily."
"Ive chosen to forget about that part of my past. Youve changed completely. And i love you for you. You showed me who you really are." I smiled. Now it was his turn to blush.
"Ha! I made you blush!" I giggled, Joe smiling softly. "And yes, youre adorable."
"Well I guess we can be an adorable couple." He smiled, using his thumbs to rub circles on my hips.
"I guess we could be." I giggled, resting my head on his chest.
"I like this." He purred.
"Like what?"
"You, and me, cuddling like this. Its peaceful, adorable even. You anyway."
"Ive never known you to be so sappy." I blushed.
"Well I guess I surprise many people dont I?" He smirked, holding me as close as he could.
"That Melony girl is going to pay for hurting you." I hears him whisper. "No one makes fun of you. Not anymore."
"Youre cute when you're protective." I smiled, sighing deeply.
"We should be counting how many times weve called each other cute." He laughed, causing me to laugh with him. "Also can you help me with my maths homework?" He asked and I nodded.
"Sure." We sat up and he grabbed his bag, showing me the homework. I explained the first few questions and helped him.
"I dont wanna finish this."
"For every question you do you get one kiss." I smiled, and he finished in record time. He smiled and held me close, kissing me deeply before pulling away.
"Maybe you should held me with my homework more often."
"Course youd enjoy it." I giggled, helping him with the rest of his homework while we ditched for the day.

After the homework we baked a few cookies, and was now sat in his room eating them while watching The Little Mermaid since Joe said I reminded him of Ariel. I had been told that quite a few times. I smiled, curling up against his side. Since it was now winter the evenings got darker quicker, and by 6pm I was asleep on him.

For once, I felt safe.

A/N:

A chapter with drama and also fluff for a friend.

Her instagram: @/joanne_strictly