Chapter 47

Warning: Alcohol. (They are allowed it however)

*Time Skip To New Years Eve*

Diannes POV

Today was New Years Eve, and we were all going to Joshs for a party to celebrate. 2018 had been the best year of my life. I had made the best friends a girl could have, I have an amazing boyfriend and his family have accepted me. However this year hasnt been all sunshine and rainbows. Scarlett and Melony were still part of it, along with ny aunt. However these are battles we have all won together.

Right now I was sat in my room after a shower, a towel wrapled round my body. I was trying to find a good outfit to wear. I smiled, pulling out a dress, nodding before pulling out a jacket to wear with it. I laid them down on my bed, drying myself off as well as my towel drying my hair before getting dressed. I sat down, grabbing my hair dryer and beginning to dry my red hair. Once it was dry I decided to curl it, spending a long time, making sure each curl was perfect. I turned the curlers off, taking out my makeup bag and applying some eye makeup and a cherry red lipstick, smiling to myself before slipping the small tube into my pocket. It put my makeup bag away, standing up and dusting myself off. I smiled, putting on my heels before walking to Joes room, knocking on the door.

Joes POV

"Come in!" I called, expecting it to be Zoe. I was stood by my mirror, trying to sort my hair out. In the mirror I saw Dianne walk in, and damn did she look amazing. I smirked, turning round and walking over.
"You look....amazing..." I whispered, pulling her into a hug.
"I know." She giggled. "You look good too." She smiled, sitting me down and sorting out my hair, smiling even brighter when she was done. "Perfect." She whispered, pulling out her phone, taking a picture of the both of us.
"Whats the time?" I asked her.
"6:45"
"Okay we dont have to leave for a while."

Jacks POV

"JJ you look fine." I smiled, walking over to AJ who was fretting over how he looked. I pulled him into a hug, kissing his forehead.
"You sure?" He asked and I nodded.
"Perfect." I smiled. He blushed a little, putting his hands on my shoulders. I moved mine to his waist, rubbing gentle circles on his hip bone. He smiled, leaning up and giving me a quick kiss. I smiled into the kiss, soon pulling away when I heard my door open.
"Conor, really?" I huffed, looking over at him.
"Sorry Jack, mums being cringey and wants us downstairs for a picture." He laughed and I rolled my eyes. I took AJs hand, following Conor downstairs. We stood in the living room and I put an arm round AJs waist, all of us smiling as mum took the picture. AJ smiled up at me, however there was a knock at the door which I had to go answer. I opened the door, seeing my dad standing there, two officers stood behind him.
"No! Get away from me!" I backed up, AJ walking over, taking hold of my hand. Conor and my mum walked over, seeing the vile man standing at our doorstep. AJ had began to panic, I could hear him taking short quick breaths.
"Im sorry to bother you Mrs Maynard. However he wanted to talk to your son and his boyfriend." One of the officers said. Mum nodded, letting them in. I closed the door, taking AJs hand.
"I wont let him touch you." I whispered, sitting down in the living room which is were they were all sat.
"Jack...." My dad started, just receiving a glare from me. "I dont want to end this year on a bad note."
"You already have by showing up." I snapped, AJ calming me down.
"And Im sorry for what I did. I didnt expect it from you...to be...well...."
"Bisexual?" I said and he nodded.
"Yeah. That...." he looked down. "I just wanted to apologise for it." He sighed. I nodded.
"Now, we have somewhere to be, so go." I stood up, watching the police walk him out. They drove off and I smiled down at AJ who hugged my side tightly.
"Right, shall we go?" I asked and Conor nodded.
"Ill see you boys later." Mum smiles, Anna hugging me and Conor before hugging AJ.
"Bye Anna." I smiled before we all left.

When we got to Joshs the party had started. Luckily there wouldnt be too many people, only our group and a few others. We were the last ones there, the others sitting and talking.
"The party has arrived!" Conor laughed as he walked in. Dianne got up and gave AJ a friendly hug, the two of them talking about some kind of dance. I heard the word Foxtrot and zoned out. I walked over to Joe, sitting down next to him.
"Your girlfriend has stolen my boyfriend."
"I know." Joe laughed. "How come you got here so late?"
"My dad showed up. He tried to apologise however I didnt take it." I said and Joe nodded.
"Good on you, I wouldnt have taken it either." He said. We walkes into the kitchen, pouring 3 beers and an orange juice for AJ, walking back in. We sat down, Dianne and AJ walking over. I smiled and handed him the juice.
"You remembered."
"Course." I smiled and kissed his cheek before taking a small sip of my beer.

11:45pm

We were all up and dancing a this point, however AJ and Dianne were the only ones who knew how to dance. I laughed, the two of them beginning to dance together, and even though it was jokey it still looked pretty good. Joe soon took Dianne back, dancing with her again. AJ walked over to me, smiling happily.
"Its almost 2019." He said.
"I know. Hopefully itll be a good year. Hopefully I can spend it all with you." I said softly. Before I knew it we were all counting down from 10, a chorus of "HAPPY NEW YEAR" echoed round the room, AJ pulling me down into a kiss.

Diannes POV

I smiled, Joe pulling me into a kiss. I pulled away, resting my forehead on his.
"Happy new year."
"Happy new hear Di."

A/N

Almost 2019. Thankfully. 2018 has been a shitty year for me, so hopefully 2019 will be better for everyone.