Chapter 67

*The Next Day*

AJs POV

I woke up and checked the time.
"Jack!" I yelled, shaking the sleeping boy. "Were late!"
He laughed a little as he sat up.
"AJ calm down." He said, runnung his fingers through my mop I call my hair. "Im taking you out today, had our mums call in sick for us." He smiled, pulling me into his chest.
"You sure that's okay?" I asked, Jack nodding.
"Yes itll be fine. Besides I have a nice day planned for us both." He said, putting a hand on my cheek. I smiled, kissing him gently before curling up on his lap. He kissed my forehead, holding me close. I loved moments like this where we could just sit a cuddle.
"So what time we going?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence.
"Well we need to leave at 11 and its 9:30." He said. "So we should get up soon. Dont worry about breakfast, we can do better than toast." He smiled, kissing my nose. I laughed a little.
"Did I ever tell you how much I loved you?"
"Maybe a few times." Jack smiled, gently rubbing my shoulders. He picked me up, carrying me to his wardrobe before putting me down.
"Ill be nice and let you borrow a hoodie."
"I always steal them." I laughed slightly, picking one. I kissed his cheek before grabbing some of my clothes I kept at his and changing. Jack changed as well, walking over to me and hugging me from behind.
"You always look good in my clothes." He hummed, kissing my cheek before going to sort out his hair. I smiled and brushed mine before letting it stay fluffy. I walked over to Jack, the two of us walking to the bathroom and brushing our teeth before walking downstairs. Jack grabbed his wallet, insisting that he paid since it was a special treat. We normally split any cost however he refused to let me pay. We put on our shoes before leaving the house. Jack put an arm round me, holding me close as we walked to wherever he was taking me.

I smiled as Jack lead me into a cute little restaurant. It wasnt very well known and seemed to be quite small. Jack knew me well. I smiled, the two of us finding a seat and picking up the menus. The waitress came over, taking our orders. I ordered pancakes with a water and Jack ordered an english breakfast with am orange juice. I smiled, the two of us talking while we waited, holding hands over the table. The waitress came back, smiling as she handed us the drinks.
"You two are very cute together." She said before telling us our food would be out soon then leaving. I blushed a little.
"Youre cute when you blush." Jack smiled, rubbing circles on the back of my hand. I looked towards him lovingly.
"Youre always cute." I said, watching as his cheeks went red.

Our food soon came, the both of us practically silent as we ate, finishing rather quickly. Jack asked for the bill, paying before we left. He smiled, holding onto my hand as we continued walking.
"Where now?" I asked.
"Its a secret." He said softly, pulling me closer as we continued to walk to the next destination. He smiled, leading me onto the beach. The beach was almost like our special place. We would always come here together. I smiled, walking down the beach, sitting down. Jack sat next to me, letting me rest my head on his shoulder.
"Breakfast was nice." I smiled.
"Im glad you liked it. Conor and I went there the other day so I thought Id take you with me." He said.

Jacks POV

I had a few other places I wanted to take AJ today. First, I wanted to take him to a woodland walk. It sounds dorky just walking though the woods but the way his eyes lit up when a bird flew by or he saw a pretty flower was something you couldnt get enough off. Then I wanted to take him to a cafe where we could then get a couple of drinks and some food if we were hungry. Lastly I wanted to then take him to the arcade. Mainly because I wanted to win him a giant teddy bear. I smiled, helping him up before we walked along the beach. It wasnt too busy as most people were at work or at school, so we didnt need to worry about anything or being judged. We had been out a few times when people called us disgusting. However that didnt bring us down. People may not accept it but I love AJ, and no one can change that. I looked down at him, seeing that he was looking at the gentle waves as we walked down the beach.
"Come on, theres still a few places I wanted to take you." I said, leading him towards the woods. I smiled, walking onto the trail that had been placed. AJ looked around, wonder swirling in his eyes. He was adorable. He glanced around, pointing out different things to me. I nodded, listening to the excitement in his voice as he spoke.
"Jack look." He said, pointing to a couple of squirrels that ran across the path before running up a tree.
"They were cute. Youre cuter." I said, making him blush. We continued to walk through the woods, only talking a few times.

After the woodland walk we headed towards the cafe I wanted to take him to. We sat down, ordering two teas.
"Its sweet of you to take me out like this." AJ smiled. "I mean I wasnt really expecting it."
"Im good at keeping secrets." I smiled, taking a sip of my tea when it arrived.
"Do you think the others are wondering where we are?"
"I told them." I smiled.
"Wait and Dianne kept it a secret?" He said shocked.
"I know I was a little shocked too." I laughed, the two kf us finishing our teas rather quickly.
"Ready to go?" I asked. He nodded, standing up and taking my hand, letting me lead him to the arcade. I smiled, holding the door open for AJ before walking in. He ran straight over to the claw machines.
"Ooo that ones cute!" He said, pointing to the giant bear holding a heart.
"Ill get it for you." I said, putting £1 in before directing the claw over to the bear. It took me all three goes but I finally got it, letting AJ take it out the little prize bit.
"Thank you Jacky!" He smiled, leaning up and kissing me. I smiled, walking over to the mario kart game.
"The winner gets....umm...." I thought.
"The winner gets to name the bear." AJ smiled as I put the money in. I nodded, the two of us picking out characters before picking our cars.
"Im gonna beat you." I smiled.
"No Ill win." AJ replied, driving past me when the race started. I fired a red shell at him, getting in front however he used a mushroom to get past me. We crossed the finish line, the second lap starting. He stayed in front the whole time however when it got to the third lap I managed to get ahead of him, winning the race. He pouted.
"Awe is someone upset that they didny win?" I teased, kissing his forehead.
"I wanted to name the bear." He said.
"Because Im nice Ill let you name there bear." I smiled.
"Im gonna call him JJ." AJ smiled, picking up the bear when he stood up.
"Its a good name." I said.

We continued to play games round the arcade for another hour, soon walking home. I smiled, holding AJs hand as he held the bear against him. I smiled, looking down at him.
"I love you."
"I love you too." He smiled. We walked up to my front door, walking inside. We raced up to my room, AJ jumping onto my bed. I smiled, sitting next to him, kissing him gently.
"Thank you for today."
"Anything for you."

A/N

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. The last chapters will focus on Joanne but I wanted to include a chapter on the iconic gay couple.