Chapter 22

Joes POV

I thanked my mum for dropping us all off at the ice rink, walking in laughing. Dianne was holding onto my hand tightly.
"I cant skate." I whispered to her and she giggled.
"Im not the best, but I can." She smiled. We walked to the desk and paid, soon being given out skates. I smiled, Mikey almost falling over before we even made it onto the ice. As soon as I got on I clung to the side, some of the others skating off. Dianne smiled softly, taking both my hands.
"Do you trust me?" She asked and I nodded.
"Of course I trust you." I said, and with that she removed my hands from the side and took them in her own. She didnt let go, but made me look into her eyes.
"Push with one foot and glide on the other." She whispered and I nodded. I was a quick learner, and it didnt take long before me and her were skating around together. I smiled, holding her hand as we skated around, but both burst out laughing when Josh and Caspar collided into each other, botg falling onto the ice. Dianne skated over and helped them both up. Oh she was adorable. I smiled, walking over and taking her into my arms.
"My girlfriend." I laughed, smirking a little before skating off with her. She giggled, skating away from me, skating around the rink on her own. I stopped to watch her. God I had fallen deep. I smiled as she skated back towards me.
"Stop staring, you see it everyday." She whispered, smiling softly before we all got called off the ice.

Once we gave back our skates and got given our shoes, we decided out next stop would be a coffee shop to warm up. It was one of those morning where you could see your breath.
"Look Im a train." Dianne giggled, puffing a couple times so you could see the clouds of breath disappear. I smiled, letting her jump on my back. I flinched, seeing a camera light being shined at me before looking over at Caspar.
"Ill send it to you." He said and I smiled, putting Dianne down when we made it to the coffee shop. We all walked in, ordering out drinks. Me, Oli, Caspar and Mikey found a table to sit at, the others waiting for our drinks. The rest of the boys soom came over with some drinks, Dianne waiting for the last. I glared at the worker, who was blatantly flirting with her. I stood up, walking over and putting an arm around her waist.
"You okay babe?" I asked and she nodded, mouthing a thank you to me. The worker finally gave us the last of the drinks, glaring at me before giving Dianne a sickly sweet smile as we walked to our table. She put the tray down and gave out our drinks before sitting down. She sat down next to me and I put an arm around her shoulder, the aussie girl leaning against my shoulder, taking small sips from her water while I drunk my coffee rather quickly.

Diannes POV

"Im going to the bathroom." I said, kissing Joe's cheek before getting up. I walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.
"My mascara is clumpy, have I looked like that all day?" I whispered, using water to try wipe some of it away. I dried my face, looking at my eyes. "Thats a little better." I whispered before going to the bathroom. I soon walked back out the stall, but froze seeing the worker from being the till.
"Im just cleaning up in here." He said and I nodded, washing my hands. I looked up into the mirror, seeing him watching me.
"Whats your name?" He asked while I grabbed some paper towels, drying my hands.
"Nome of your business?" I said, however it came out more like a question.
"Let me ask again, whats your name?" However before he could touch me I ran out the bathroom, sitting back at our table and holding onto Joe's hand tightly.
"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, still a little shaky.
"I-Im okay." I whispered, watching the worker as he left the bathroom.
"Can we go home?" I asked and Joe nodded.
"Yeah, you guys coming?" He asked.
"I think we should get back home." Conor said and Jack nodded.
"Yeah, we should." Josh said. I nodded, standing up, Joe walking out after me. We all parted ways, beginning to walk home.

When Joe and I got home, we sat on his bed, cuddled up together as he played with my hair.
"Why were you so shaky when you left the bathroom earlier?" He asked.
"That worker, the one flirting with me, he was in the bathroom when I was. He kept asking for my name, it was freaking me out." I whispered, moving a little closer to him.
"Did you tell him?" He asked and I shook my head.
"Good, youve been stressed enough recently, you need a break." He smiled, kissing me gently. I smiled and kissed back, moving to sit on his lap. I soon pulled away, giggling as I snuggled close to him.
"I love you." I whispered, feeling him being to play with my hair.
"I love you too Di." I heard him whisper, kissing my forehead. I sniled softly.
"Hey Di, how about we go on a date tonight, just you and me. It can be a casual date, maybe to an arcade?" He asked and I nodded happily.
"Sounds fun. Now I need to get ready." I smiled, kissing him softly before walking to the guest room to go get changed.

*An hour later*

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Trainers, ripped black high waistes skinny jeans, a tight crop top with a sparkly jacket. I smiled, hearing Joe knock at my door. I walked over and opened it, seeing his jaw dropped. I blushed, taking his hand.
"You look.....amazing!" He said as we walked out the house. He held me close as we walked to the arcade in town, laughing and messing around on the way.

We soon got there, and I ran straight to the mario kart seats.
"Ill race you." I smiled, Joe giving me a pound before putting one in for himself. We both chose our characters, I chose Princess Peach and Joe chose Yoshi. I smirked, laughing as I hit him with a green shell, laughing as I drove past him and crossed the finish line, finishing in first.
"You cheated." He pouted and I kissed him.
"Nope, just good. Now lets go play the basketball game." I said happily, but when I got out the mario kart seat Scarlett was standing there.
"You shouldnt be on this date with Joe. The whole schools knows it should be me." She spat.
"You wish, maybe if you werent 100% plastic he may have other thoughts on you. However plastic is permanent, guess you missed your chance." I smirked, taking Joes hand, walking away from the female. At this moment, I was completely unaware of what I just caused, however I was occupied. Joe put in the money and we began to play, however I wasnt too good, and Joe beat me by a lot. I frowned, crossing my arms.
"Hey, Im good at this, youre good at mario kart." He said and I smiled, taking his hand and linking his fingers with mine.
"Where do you wanna go?" He asked, and I decided to go to the claw machines, unaware that I was awful at them. I looked at Joe with hopeful eyes, and he won me a teddy bear straight away.
"Thank you." I smiled, holding the bear close.
"No problem, however its already getting dark, and since weve been out most of today Im tired and hungry, so we should go home." He said and I nodded.

Once we got back to Joes, I could smell his mums cooking.
"Something smells good." I said as we walked into the kitching, seeing her putting pasta onto our plates before putting the plates on the table.
"At least someone appreciates my cooking." She smiled as Joe and I sat down. Joe wolfed his down, finishing before anyone else.
"Joe!" His mother laughed since he finished so quickly. He gave her an innocent smile, waiting for me to finish. We both thanked his mother, putting out plates in the sink before running up to Joes room.

I dived onto his bed, giggling as he threw one of his shirts at me.
"You can sleep in that." He said softly, taking off his shirt and jeans. He turned away while I changed, which made me smile since he didnt stand there all creepy. He laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly.
"I dont wanna sleep." I whispered, scared that I would have another nightmare.
"Dont worry babe, Im right here okay? Nothings gonna hurt you." He whispered as I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

A/N

I had some time so wrote this chapter. Sorry that its pretty shitty but it has cute Joanne so dont be mad?